5. Location and Size
: Area : 439,733 square miles
: Ranked in 26th largest countries in the world by
The largest country is Russia
: The only South American country with
coastlines on both the Pacific and Caribbean sea
6. Comparison between Colombia and Thailand
Colombia : around 440,000 square miles
Thailand : around 200,000 square miles
Colombia is two time as big as Thailand!
7. Comparison between Colombia and Russia
9. Most Famous Festivals in Colombia
• The Barranquilla Carnival
• Festival of the Flowers
• Blacks and Whites' Carnival
10. The Barranquilla Carnival
Date : 4 days before Ash Wednesday
The biggest carnivals in the world just
behind Rio de Janeiro’s.
One of the Masterpieces of the Oral
and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
11. The Barranquilla Carnival
12. Festival of the Flowers
Place : Medellin
Date : First weeks in August
The largest outdoor flowers show.
13. Festival of the Flowers
It’s also the largest horse show
in the world!
14. Blacks and Whites' Carnival
15. The Castaneda Family Parade
16. The Blacks day
17. The White Day
18. Colombian Food
19. Traditional foods in Colombia
A popular soup made with chickens,
three varieties of potatoes and herb.
- A roast pig stuffed
- Yellow peas
- Green onion
- Yellow rice
Stuffed bread with meat, cheese,
huitlacoche and vegetable.
Look like curry puff from the
23. Empanadas and Curry puff
25. Tourist attractions
26. Most famous places in Colombia
• The Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira
• Caño Cristales
29. The Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira
Roman Catholic Church.
It is built in the tunnel of
a salt mine.
30. The Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira
31. Caño Cristales
“The river of five colors”
and “The liquid rainbow”
32. Caño Cristales
33. Caño Cristales
I told you about…..
-The geography and Colombia’s size comparison
-The interesting festivals
-The delicious Colombian foods
-The popular tourist attractions