2. Where Did They Live• The Hopi lived in Northeastern Arizona.
3. Homes• The Hopi tribe lived in Adobe houses, multi- story houses made out of clay and straw.
4. Clothing• The Hopi men wore breechcloths.• The Hopi women wore knee-length cotton dresses called mantes.• On special occasions women painted their headdress white.
5. Food• The Hopi tribe ate corn, beans, squash, and cotton as tabacco.• The Hopi tribe hunted turkeys, deer, and antelope.• The Hopi tribe grew and hunted to get there food.
6. Jobs• The Hopi children hunted with their fathers.• The Hopi women were in charge of the family.• The Hopi men were in charge of the tribes politics, agriculture, and war.
7. Fun• The Hopi tribe played with Kachina dolls, toys, and stickball.
8. Worship• At the heart of the religious life are the Kachinas, they are powerful ancestor spirits.
9. Important Animals• The Hopi tribe rode horses when they hunted and used them for transportation.
10. Leadership• Some the Hopi tribe lived where the Anasazi did long ago. So that means the Anasazi were their leaders.
11. Interesting Facts• The Hopi tribe lived where the Ancient Anasazi did.• Hopi means “civilized person” or “peaceful person.• The Hopi sewed baskets to carry food in.• Yellow corn to North, red to South, and white to East.