Aaron’s flip video tips
• Settings are, well, set.
• Get close for interviews. There is no external mic.
• Steady the camera.
• Move around.
• But don’t zoom. Video will get very shaky!
• Great for quick interviews.
• Great for raw video.
• Good for basic feature stories.
• Good for reporter debriefs.
• Good when you need to get something done fast.
• Great for adding a diversity of content to your website.
• Great for experimenting.
Aaron’s basic video editing tips
• You are telling a story visually. Have a beginning, middle and end.
• Put clips in logical flow/sequences. You can’t magically get from one place to
• Match the video to what you/your subjects are saying.
• Shots shouldn’t be too short or too long. About 4 seconds is good.
• Fine tune audio.
• You can do your narration right into the editing program (if it’s quiet).
• Use transitions sparingly and avoid black frames and jump cuts.