1. Global Conferencing & Communication SolutionsNew York | Boston | Tampa | Toronto | London | Mumbai Singapore | Hong Kong | Shanghai | Sydney
2. Company ProfileFounded in 1947, Verrex is a global design-build integrator and managed services provider of advanced conferencing,collaboration and presentation technologies. Specializing in benchmark enterprise-level corporate solutions, clientsengage Verrex to help them communicate, collaborate and articulate locally and globally through videoconferencing,audio conferencing, digital signage, presentation systems and other audiovisual technologies.Superior performance is Verrex’s hallmark offering clients the industry’s highest level of execution, broadest globalfootprint, universal standards and a sophisticated portfolio of comprehensive services. Verrex expertise includesstrategic planning and consulting, systems design, systems engineering, project management, procurement,fabrication, control systems programming, installation, service and preventive maintenance programs, on sitestaffing, managed conferencing and VNOC services.The Verrex approach draws from a proprietary quality management process that documents each stage in asuccessful design, system and service deployment. Refined over six decades, the Verrex Process ensures consistentbest-in-quality standards regardless of project, challenge or geography. In its ongoing commitment to professionalexcellence, technical education is paramount at Verrex. The company’s technical staffs are required to hold InfoCommCertified Technical Specialist designations allowing Verrex to achieve the highest industry certification, InfoComm’sDiamond level Audiovisual Solutions Provider (AVSP) status. “ Verrex has a long history of performance, innovation and professionalism that is reflected in the work they do. ”Evolving its resources, expertise and presence inline with the needs of its clients has long been a focus of Verrex.In the 1950s the company supplied and serviced distributed background music systems. In the 1960s the companyexpanded into two-way radio, school intercom, sound and CCTV systems. During the 1970s the company focusedpredominantly on large venue sound systems. In the 1980s and 1990s Verrex broadened its offerings to includecorporate audiovisual and conferencing systems design, integration and service. Verrex continues to grow itsexpertise with GMS™, global managed services, designed to simplify the usage and management of conferencingtechnologies.Verrex has been family owned for three generations promoting a unique corporate culture that values camaraderieand peer mentoring. The company has also been recognized by Systems Contractor News as a Top 50 SystemsIntegrator each year since the program’s inception in 1994. In 2009, Verrex added the “Excellence in Business -Growth Strategies” award from the National Association of Systems Contractors, recognizing the company’svisionary strategy for executing a successful global business model. In 2011, Verrex President & CEO, ThomasBerry Jr., was elected to InfoComm’s Board of Directors, further establishing the company as a thought leader inthe AV and conferencing space.With principle offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Verrex has strategically positioned its presence to servecorporate hubs around the globe. A network of over 200 service partners rounds out coverage globally. For a completelist of Verrex offices worldwide, or for more information about our partner alliances, please visit www.verrex.com.(Cover Photo: Alcatel-Lucent HD Executive Boardroom; Photo Right: State Street Executive Conference Room)
3. Global Perspective Matched by Localized CapabilitiesThe evolution of Verrex capabilities is in direct response to client needs for superior, end-to-end audiovisual standards throughoutoffices at any location on the globe. From design to installation through to managed services, clients rely on Verrex as a proven,single source for all their AV applications worldwide, regardless of project size, challenges or geography.Design Development Rack FabricationAt the earliest stage, the Verrex Design team conceptualizes the integration of In-house rack fabrication allows Verrex to closely monitor quality factors such asAV into the space. Verrex innovative system designs are guided by client need, proper assembly, wiring and cable identification as equipment is placed in racks.application, room layout, acoustics, infrastructure and other factors that can Fabrication Technicians are trained to read and translate AV system diagramsaffect performance and user experience. Proper and precise design translates and to follow strict industry standards as part of Verrex’s multiple Qualityinto fewer change orders, fewer missed details and fewer corresponding budget Assurance checks.overages. Our certified Designers focus solely on the design process includingneeds analysis, coordination with architect and interior design agendas, initial Control System Programmingbudgeting, preliminary equipment selection and defining system requirements. Verrex certified Control System Programmers have considerable experienceMost beneficial to clients, Verrex Design develops comprehensive drawing with leading control system products including Crestron and AMX. Programmerspackages inline with architectural phases, schedules and requirements. coordinate closely with clients and Verrex Design to develop intuitive, user- friendly interfaces to control AV systems and environmental devices such asProject Management lighting.Verrex Project Managers are a disciplined, highly focused group who ensureprojects are kept on course. A Project Manager is assigned to every installation Quality Assuranceand is the single point of contact for resources, milestones and deliverables. All systems are staged in-house and undergo thorough Quality AssuranceProject Managers attend scheduled on-site meetings, supply project timelines, checks prior to leaving the Verrex facility for installation. Certified QA Technicianssubmit project status reports, coordinate subcontractors and, ultimately, lead the stage and test system components to confirm proper functionality, confirm theexecution process. systems intended design and to make adjustments as required.Project Engineering InstallationProject Engineering is a methodical process of ensuring system integrity. Verrex The responsibility of providing a complete working system, using the highestProject Engineers conduct extensive equipment research, determine equipment industry standards and quality workmanship, falls to the Verrex Installation team.viability and verify components will work together to achieve desired results. An InfoComm certified, our Installers perform detail-critical work including structuralin-house AutoCAD team provides drafting support, depicting AV schematics and support for screens, projectors and displays; cable riser management; customarchitectural details in comprehensive system diagrams. AV terminations; and component networking. Once all components are in place the team makes final adjustments to optimize system performance.ProcurementVerrex Purchasing maintains strong relationships with over 250 of the industry’s GMSTM (Global Managed Services)best-in-class manufacturers. Leveraging these relationships, the group is Verrex GMS is a comprehensive suite of services designed to increase usageresponsible for obtaining the highest quality, application-specific equipment at and decrease the operational complexity of business-critical audiovisual systems.the most competitive cost. GMS features Professional Services, VNOC Services, Preventive Maintenance, Service and Onsite Staffing & Training.
4. Credentials Profile Industry Certification Verrex is a Diamond Level AudioVisual Solutions Provider (AVSP), as designated by InfoComm International, the global association for the professional AV industry. Diamond-level AVSP is the highest level of company certification achievable in education and training. This certification signifies Verrex sales, design, engineering, installation and managed services staffs have earned AV specialist credentials, awarded solely to those professionals who have demonstrated thorough comprehension of audiovisual science and technology by passing InfoComm administered courses and exams. InfoComm certification is internationally recognized and supported by the pro-AV industry. All three levels of InfoComm AV specialist are represented on the Verrex team: Industry & Manufacturer Training » CTS-D (Certified Technology Specialist - Design) Verrex team members have completed the » CTS-I (Certified Technology Specialist - Installation) following manufacturer and industry training: » CTS (Certified Technology Specialist - General) » AMX Programming I, II, & III » Barco Factory Training » BlonderTongue Technical TrainingSolutions Certification » Christie Factory Training » Clearone Factory Training Videoconferencing + Audioconferencing * Tandberg is now part of Cisco » Crestron Factory Training » Cisco Registered Partner, Cisco Premier Certified Partner (North America + Asia Pacific), » Digital Projection Factory Training Cisco Select Certified Partner (EMEA) » Extron School of Advanced AV Technologies » Tandberg Certified Professional Designer, Certified Professional Installer, Solutions Architect, » InfoComm AV & Control Systems Networking Product Expert, Certified Engineer I & II » InfoComm Design School I, II, & III » Polycom Certified Professional Designer, Certified Professional Installer » InfoComm Facilities & Systems Design » Polycom Certified Video Engineer (CVE) » InfoComm Videoconferencing Engineer’s School » ClearOne Certified Professional Designer, Certified Professional Installer, ClearOne Certified » JBL Audio Engineering for Sound Reinforcement Technical Specialist » LifeSizeFactory Training » LifeSize Pro-Partner, Certified Sales Professional » Lutron Lighting Design for Commercial Spaces » BiAmp Audia Certified » NEC Factory Training » NetStreams Factory Training » NSCA Project Management for the AV Industry » NSCA Technical Fundamentals of AudioControl Systems » Polycom Factory Training » Crestron Certified Masters Programmer, Certified Systems Designer, Certified Professional Installer » RADVision Factory Training » AMX Certified Programmer (ACE), Certified Designer, Certified Installer » Sony Training Institute » Lutron ProAV Certified, Commercial AV Certified, Commercial Lighting Design Certified » Tandberg Factory Training » Extron Certified Advanced AV Technician, Certified AV Associate » V-Brick Factory TrainingProgrammable Audio DSP Memberships » BiAmp Audia and AudiaFlex Certified » InfoComm International » Peavey MediaMatrix Certified » International Facility Managers Assoc. (IFMA) » BSS SoundWeb Certified » American Institute of Architects (AIA) » ClearOne Certified » National Systems Contractor Assoc. (NSCA) » Audio Engineering Society (AES)Engineering » IMCCA » National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) » British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) » Syn-Aud-Con Sound System Design » New York Building Congress
5. Case Study Benefits of Global AV Standards Audiovisual systems and services integrated consistently worldwide accelerates adoption of State Street’s global vision for conferencing, collaboration and presentation technologies. From their US-based headquarters in the 36-story signature gateway of Boston’s financial district, to the 2009-constructed London HQ at Canary Wharf, to locations around the globe, State Street sought commonality between offices for their ambitious AV design, installation and managed services needs. As the multinational organization’s reliance on AV has grown, Verrex has evolved in-line with their requirements, irrespective of geographic borders, size of projects or challenges. AV Archetype Provided Cost Containment Managed Services Improved ROI on AV AssetsNeeds AddressedGlobal Standardization State Street sought cost effective roll out of video and audio systems State Street’s economic and operational mandates to avoid unplannedSingle-source Accountability across numerous, global offices. Specific to State Street criteria, service costs and ensure peak systems’ performance required longterm, Verrex custom designed templates for common State Street room post installation support throughout North America and Europe. VerrexServices Featured types that allowed the firm to grow its unique AV infrastructure globally, implemented a comprehensive suite of managed services providingDesign, Installation & Service without each office having to do the groundwork on their own. State Street with protection for their AV investments at fixed annualKey Project Locations Locations including Boston, Kansas City, Dublin and Milan selected costs. Under the multi-year program, State Street received unlimitedAlameda, CA an established room or system model to be deployed. Proven service visits, priority service response, preventive maintenance, 24/7Austin, TX processes for design, engineering, project management, fabrication on-call ServiceDesk support, remote device management and systemsBoston, MA and installation further streamlined integration and cut costs. training.Cambridge, MAChicago, ILJacksonville, FL Interface Standards Optimized Productivity On-Site Staffing Decreased Operational StrainKansas City, MO Rather than “cookie cutter” solutions, Verrex created standards Resource realities – finding, training and managing AV personnel –Malvern, PA exclusive to State Street’s enterprise needs. Control system prompted State Street to seek to optimize staffing costs and operationalNew York, NY functionality and touchpanel layouts were designed to ensure user efficiencies. Verrex deployed fully integrated, Verrex-managed AVPrinceton, NJ interfaces were familiar, intuitive and State Street-branded, regardless workforces at key State Street locations worldwide, responsible forSacramento, CASan Francisco, CA of location. Such standards increased productivity and alleviated supplementing in-house staff. Sites such as Boston, Toronto andWinston-Salem, NC training needs, allowing a Vice President from the Princeton office to London utilized this on-site staffing segment of Verrex managedMontreal, Canada walk into the Frankfurt office and conduct a videoconference without services to provide live meeting production support, room checks andToronto, Canada support or downtime. setup and Tier 1 troubleshooting.Brussels, BelgiumDublin, IrelandFrankfurt, Germany Accountability Evolved In-Line with Objectives Global Perspective Addressed DiversityKrakow, Poland Sprawling projects such as the build-out of State Street headquarters Although a degree of commonality exists between all offices,London, United Kingdom in Boston and London required management of multiple teams and acknowledging the diversity between State Street’s multi-countryLuxembourg commissioning of dozens of systems concurrently. To meet State locations was crucial. Adapting to how one office differed culturally fromMilan, Italy Street’s objectives of time-critical deployment and completion within another meant, first and foremost, respecting that culture. Verrex utilizedBangalore, India budget, Verrex assigned dedicated project managers, ensuring a network of local experts to ensure teams were aware of proper accountability and clearly-defined leadership at all project stages. practices and procedures at all times.(Photo: State Street Lafayette Conference Center, Boston, MA)
6. Project ProfileProject BriefsAsia PacificBain Capital Asia LLC Troutman Sanders Hong Kong LimitedKishimoto Building, Tokyo, Japan Two Exchange Square, Central, Hong KongProject management, systems engineering, control systems programming, CAD, Systems design, design CAD, project management, systems engineering, controlfabrication and field installation services for upgrade of a large conference room to systems programming, CAD, fabrication and field installation services for integrationimprove videoconference, audio conference and presentation capabilities. This included of audiovisual and conferencing system in large executive conference room. Integratedcoordination of millwork contractor, equipment upgrades to higher industry standards system included dual displays, high-definition videoconference system, multiple rack-including HD videoconference system and RF-shielded microphones. mounted sources, wireless touch panel and AV lectern.China Light and Power Hong Kong Limited Deutsche BankShamshuipo Centre Kowloon, Hong Kong International Commerce Centre, Kowloon, Hong KongSystems design, project management, systems engineering, control systemsprogramming, CAD, fabrication and field installation services for upgrades to multiple Corporate Meeting Spaces:executive style board and conference rooms to integrate videoconference capabilities. Systems design, project management, systems engineering, control systemsIntegration included incorporation of high-definition displays, audio conferencing, high- programming, CAD, fabrication and field installation services for integration ofdefinition videoconferencing and room automation including auto-shutdown and audiovisual and videoconference systems in two corporate meeting spaces. Integratedremote system control (eControl). Integration further incorporated a standard template systems included 70” and 46” LCDs, high-definition videoconference system, multiplefor equipment with variations on display technologies and microphones dependant rack-mounted sources, boundary microphones, audio conference system and table-on room conditions. top touch panels.Jefferies International Auditorium:Cheung Kong Centre, Central, Hong Kong Project management, systems engineering, control systems programming, CAD,Systems design including architectural design drawings, project management, systems fabrication and field installation services for integration of audiovisual and videoconferenceengineering, control systems programming, CAD, fabrication and field installation systems in corporate auditorium. Integrated systems included complex production systemservices for integration of audiovisual and videoconference systems in divisible conference including dual high-definition videoconference systems, video cameras, multiple rack-room and multiple trading floor displays. Integrated systems included dual 52” displays, mounted sources, multiple LCD displays ranging in size from 15” (16:9) to 46”, 48-high-definition videoconference system, multiple rack-mounted sources and wireless channel mixing console, wireless high-definition microphone system, 20 two-way ceilingtouch panels. mounted speakers, 32-channel interpreters desk with microphone, headphones and monitors, and multiple touch panels.(Photo: Deutsche Bank - International Conference Center, Hong Kong Sky Lobby Media Wall)
7. Project ProfileProject BriefsAsia PacificContinuedDeutsche Bank (continued) State Street, SydneyInternational Commerce Centre, Kowloon, Hong Kong George Street, Sydney, AustraliaSky Lobby Media Wall: Design-Build Services:Project management, systems engineering, control systems programming, CAD, Design services for integration of audiovisual and conferencing systems in new build-outfabrication and field installation services for integration of Christie MicroTiles video wall. of State Street’s office in Sydney, Australia. Design services included the creation of anThe media wall consists of a 30-tile wide by 5-tile high display, 150 rear-projection color infrastructure and facility design drawing package for multiple floors and systems includingvideo tiles in total seamlessly interlocked. The video wall processor allows up to 16 DVI three dedicated videoconference rooms, two training rooms with videoconferenceor RGBHV and 16 different SDI, HDSDI, 3GSDI, component, S-Video and composite capabilities, one overflow training room, multiple public displays and six presentationvideo formats. The processor was configured to allow various display options including: rooms with audio conference capabilities. Verrex additionally worked with the projecta single video image with a resolution of 16200 x 2040 AND up to 32 multiple video team, including architects, to ensure the audiovisual infrastructure for these systemsimages of varying resolutions and tile sizes to make one tiled image with a resolution was included in the architectural construction drawing packages.of 16200 x 2040. Onsite Staffing:Onsite Staffing: Project Management: Verrex provides a trained and managed technician to work onsite at State Street’s SydneyVerrex provided a dedicated, full-time onsite Project Manager for a six-month contract. location to provide daily support and maintenance of audiovisual and conferencing systems.The Project Manager reported to a designated Deutsche Bank representative andworked out of the company’s Cheung Kong Centre office in Kowloon, Hong Kong. The State Street, Hong KongProject Manager was responsible for managing the integration of Deutsche Bank’s International Finance Centre, Central, Hong KongInternational Commerce Centre office including the Auditoriumand media wall projects. Service, Maintenance & Event Support: Onsite visits provided to support, service and perform maintenance on audiovisual andDeutsche Bank conferencing systems, as well as dedicated event support, for the Hong Kong location.One Raffles Quay, Singapore Services included equipment testing prior to Town Hall and other executive meetings; audioconference and videoconference production support including setup and testingOnsite Staffing: Help Desk Team: for various meetings; replacement and testing of equipment; systems testing andVerrex provides a dedicated, full-time onsite team to staff Deutsche Bank’s regional help troubleshooting; upgrades to firmware; standby assistance for training sessions; anddesk for the Asia Pacific region. Onsite staff includes one help desk manager, three support during videoconference calls, including bridge management.technicians and four coordinators. The team is responsible for handling all conferencingsetup and support requests including tier 1 troubleshooting, meeting resource booking State Street Technology (Zhejiang) Co. Ltdand scheduling and answering requests. Hangzhou, Zhejiang, P.R. China Design services for integration of audiovisual and conferencing systems in new build-out of State Street’s Hangzhou China office. Services included creation of audiovisual control drawings and rack elevations for five presentation rooms, dedicated videoconference room, training room, training room with videoconference system, multiple public displays and a multipurpose room with videoconference capabilities.
8. Project ProfileState Street Bank and Trust CompanyEMEA Headquarters, Canary WharfLondon, UKState Street, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutional PROJECT HIGHLIGHTinvestors, selected Verrex to integrate conferencing, collaboration and presentation Among the various systems specified, State Street required a sophisticated, multi-technologies throughout the company’s new EMEA headquarters, sited prominently purpose meeting space for a broad range of applications. Verrex worked closely withat Canary Wharf. The multi-floor, multi-room fit out consisted of over 50 bespoke AV- the client and designer to integrate a versatile solution to meet the presentation,centric and enhanced spaces including incident management and control rooms, videoconferencing, recording and building-wide broadcast capabilities. A key highlighttraining and breakout rooms, reception, waiting areas, videoconferencing, standard of the space is the flexibility in its operation.and divisible meeting rooms, IT monitoring rooms, trading area, employee cafe, multi-configurable large meeting space and a building-wide TV distribution system. The corporate meeting space is a multi-divisible room, capable of three unique configurations: a large singular space, a dual space or three independent spaces.CHALLENGES There are three 16:9 27mm (108") motorized projectionState Street undertook a major reorganization and screens, each with integrated videoconference camera,investment in its London operations, migrating services and three DLP projectors in each area that display high-and approximately 2,500 staff personnel from locations quality video and presentation materials independently or,at Canada Square, Royal Exchange, Bank Street and when the space is combined, all together. Sources includeCannon Street into the new Canary Wharf site. During computer, HD codec, HD DVD, cable television receiverintegration Verrex teams worked within the constraints and facility-wide television distribution system. The systemof an occupied, in-flux office space as furniture, equip- is also capable of broadcasting live to the building-widement and staff were moved in from other offices. This network, which allows events to be aired simultaneouslyproject exemplified Verrex’s ability to turn over multiple across the facility. Events in the space can be recorded,rooms concurrently on time, in budget, under strict edited via an on-site production suite and made availabledeadlines and schedule changes, with no disruption to for multicasting over the client network.the client’s operations. IP-based HD videoconferencing capabilities are availableSOLUTIONS in each of the three spaces, or any combination of theDemonstrating the proper training and credentials, spaces, within the room. All incoming video appears onVerrex personnel met the rigorous pre-qualification and vetting standards one, or all, of the projection screens, depending on room configuration. Three fixedimplemented by Canary Wharf’s business district.To ensure shifting turn-over and HD cameras capture images of the main stage and lectern while three additionaltraining dates were met, while staying within budget, required dedicated project cameras, built into the projection screens’ housings, capture the seated audience.management with a clear point of accountability. Equipment deliveries, on-site qualityassurance, installation, coordination of trade teams, progress reports and scheduling It was crucial to State Street that the system offer a high level of versatility for itswere all the responsibility of the Project Manager assigned solely to the fit out. presenters. Presenters have the ability to run presentations and control basic functions on their own from wireless touchpanels in the space. The presenter can also elect to have their session handled completely by AV technicians located in the room’s control booth, equipped with LCD displays and touchpanels for monitoring the event and controlling audio, video, sources and environmental conditions such as lighting.(Center Photo: State Street London Headquarters Multi-Configurable Large Meeting Space)
9. Project ProfileKPMG LLPExecutive BoardroomNew York, NY “ I am pleased to provide my highest recommendation for Verrex’s audiovisual services. After five years of working side-by-side with them, we have only the highest regard for their experience, professionalism and ability to make the right things happen. - AV Services Manager, KPMG LLP ”Creating a space that encourages collaboration, provides for optimum communication, the custom-built Boardroom table is equipped with twelve 17" flat panel LCD monitors.maximizes the impact of high-definition presentations and aesthetically represents the Each monitor resides in a motorized lift-housing that rises up out of the table whenfirm’s prestigious reputation, was the criteria in the design and integration of audio- needed, and recesses under the table when not in use. Positioned between twovisual systems for KPMG’s Executive Boardroom. KPMG, provider of assurance, tax, seated meeting participants, the monitor shows the same image displayed on thelegal, consulting and financial advisory services to main projection screen. Program audio for the presentationclients around the globe, selected Verrex for this key, sources is routed through a digital surround processorAV-enhanced executive space. and distributed to four, high-quality wall-mounted loud- speakers at the front and rear of the room.CHALLENGESIncorporate extensive audiovisual technology into the At each of the 26 seated table positions, unique audioExecutive Boardroom without overwhelming meeting conference equipment is embedded into the millwork andparticipants or impacting the room’s refined style. virtually concealed when not in use. All table positionsDisplay and audioconference components would need include a low profile microphone in a flip top, capacitiveto be integrated into the custom, marble-inlay table. microphone mute switch with green LED to indicate active state, headset port and an individual loudspeaker.SOLUTIONS Incoming audio from conference calls is routed to eachDuring the design phase, Verrex provided documen- loudspeaker providing optimum volume per participanttation and direction for build-out and infrastructure station. In addition, all embedded microphones have arequirements to the architect and contractors. This dedicated echo canceling processor to eliminate noiseensured system functionality and performance needs would be met while keeping the and echo during an audioconference.integrity of the interior design intact. Plans for addressing environmental factors, such The Boardroom’s audiovisual systems can be controlled from a dedicated operator’sas lighting and shade control, were also a focus during the design phase. Verrex station within the room or from the equipment rack station located outside. EachDesign, Project Management and Field Engineers worked closely with the millwork control station is equipped with identical 15" LCD touchscreen controllers withcontractor to seamlessly embed AV components into the custom table. custom menus and graphics.The Boardroom presentation system allows for the display of high-definition video GLOBAL MANAGED SERVICESsources and computer graphics onto a large projection screen via a ceiling-mounted KPMG selected a Verrex Preventive Maintenance contract to keep the AV systems inprojector, which is recessed in the soffit. The projected image is formatted for high- this key, executive space at peak performance and to have unexpected issuesdefinition, wide-screen technology. In addition to the main projection display system, addressed quickly.
10. Project ProfileAlcatel-LucentHD Videoconferencing Executive BoardroomMurray Hill, NJ“ From putting together the best team to design, manage and integrate our projects to following up with our service needs, Verrex understands the importance of delivering quality each and every time. - IT Executive Support Manager, Alcatel-LucentN e w l y f o r m e d t e l e c o m m u n i c a t i o n s l e a d e r, A l c a t e l - L u c e n t , r e q u i r e d a ” and custom mirror assembly are housed in the renovated projection room. Verrexvideoconferencing solution unlike any other - high-definition that would utilize the specified the Polycom HDX 9004 conferencing codec to deliver high-definition voice,company’s own network and allow executives, from various points on the globe, video and content sharing. Ceiling-mounted loudspeakers provide high quality audio.to interact as if they were all in the boardroom together. Alcatel-Lucent selectedVerrex as the designer and integrator of this industry A 12" tabletop multimedia touchpanel and 8" wireless lectern touchpanel controlfirst project. all audiovisual and specially designed lighting in the room. The tabletop touchpanel features both “user” andCHALLENGES “tech” modes. User mode, with a simple and intuitiveDismantle the existing 11-year old system and interface, allows executives to conduct presentations anddesign, build and install one of the first true HD videoconferencing and features speed and one-touchvideoconferencing solutions in its place. Architectural dialing. The tech mode allows AV and IT support staff tomodifications would be required to adapt the room manage all system components. The control system wasand ensure an authentic collaborative experience. The also custom programmed to create unique, visual lightinginnovative system would have to be as intuitive as cues; lights illuminate on the active participants andpossible for high-level executives to use unaided at all darken in the galley seating area.hours. A demanding deadline of just six weeks wouldrequire flawless coordination. Two distinct room details provide additional visual cues: microphone status collars translate mic state into colorsSOLUTIONS (green for a live mic, red when muted and yellow duringWith Verrex Sales advanced in design, unique details system warm-up) and a multi time zone digital clock isand equipment were specified prior to moving to the mounted in the soffit.engineering stage. The Verrex Design team provided the project architect withdrawings for reconstruction to ensure the room suited the new technology. In order to SYSTEM HIGHLIGHTSmeet the strict timeline, Verrex Project Management was tasked with driving the Integrated controller, wireless and tabletop touchpanels, universal signal processors,entire schedule and coordinated all trades including architects, lighting and matrix switcher, video processors, HD DVD player, multisystem VCR, HD cable TVconstruction. tuner, HD videoconferencing codec, HD camera, HD LCD projector, rack and lectern- mounted HD LCD monitors, 46" LCD displays, custom mirror assembly, rear-All components were designed with an infrastructure to support 1080p. This three- projection screen, ceiling loudspeakers, audio matrix mixers, amplifier, gooseneckdisplay boardroom features a 60" x 107" 16:9 rear-projection screen flanked by two lectern microphone, push-to-talk tabletop microphones, microphone status collars46" LCD displays, all capable of displaying a variety of sources. An HD LCD projector and multi-zone digital clock.(Center Photo: Alcatel-Lucent High-Definition Executive Boardroom)
11. Project ProfileArnold WorldwidePresentation and Screening RoomBoston, MA “ As Director of AV Services for a major Advertising Agency, it’s my job to keep up with technology in our conference rooms. Our work is our product. If it doesn’t look great, we don’t get noticed. With the help of Verrex and our architects, they truly created a showpiece. Open concept, clean lines, an amazing screen, and environmentally friendly. Employees are stepping over each other to book this room. I’ve worked with many companies over my career, and Verrex is the best. They are well worth the price of admission. Piece of mind, great project management, as well as a superior product and staff. Would recommend to all businesses. - Director of AV Services, Arnold ”Arnold, the leading ad agency responsible for energizing brands such as Volvo,Carnival Cruise Lines and Jack Daniels, sought to convey an unmistakable message correct 16:9 aspect ratio; or two images, one on either side. Presentation sources include high-definition and standard DVD, laptop, two game consoles, satellite radioto clients and staff about their world-class creativity, energy and insight. Arnold and DVR. The system features a sophisticated, multi-window image processor withselected Verrex to help deliver this message, loud and clear, via the agency’s AV- edge-blending capabilities.enhanced Presentation & Screening Room, featuring an eye-catching 190" x 60"rear projection display. The result - immediate and Verrex recognized audio would play a critical role inpowerful reactions from clients and staff the moment energizing presentations. To achieve an immersive effectthey enter the room. – making the audience feel as if they are in the presen- tation, not just watching it – audio from the variousCHALLENGES sources is broadcast through a powerful, 7.1 surroundThe room’s intended use, to review and present sound system. Six full-range program speakers in thecampaigns to clients and staff, demanded an exciting, ceiling and a front-firing subwoofer incorporated into theflexible solution. Visual impact was foremost with a front wall deliver robust sound throughout the room.display that would fill the entire front wall, capable ofmulti-configurations. A powerful audio solution would A custom programmed, 6" touchpanel at the main table,be needed to fuel presentations. Environmentally- which can be run wireless or wired, permits non-technicalconscious Arnold requested the project be “green- users to easily hold and conduct meetings through thefriendly”, including reuse of existing equipment when use of intuitive menus. To further enhance the audiencepossible. experience, Verrex also incorporated control of environ- mental devices such as lighting and shades. Arnold staffSOLUTIONS can easily direct presentations, adjust audio, recallTo provide Arnold with a complete solution, Verrex coordinated with the project lighting scenes and set the right mood, all from thearchitect, MEP engineer, furniture supplier and general contractor. This included a integrated touchpanel.thorough needs analysis to initiate design direction and AV architectural drawing GREEN AVdevelopment. Verrex worked in parallel with the architect’s development of interiors Several green, best-practices were featured in the project. An e-control system wasand environmental considerations to ensure all client specifications would be met. To integrated for remote monitoring of system status. Programmed to shut down whenachieve the client’s desired effect, the room required specific interior build-out as well not in use or at the end of the business day, remote monitoring helps preserve theas acoustical, lighting and window treatments. life of projection lamps and cuts down on energy consumption. At Arnold’s request, Verrex also utilized any existing client-owned equipment that could fulfill theThe Presentation Room features a single, glass rear projection screen with 16:9 HD requirements of room functionality. Part of its Quality Assurance Program, Verrexaspect ratio. Three projectors allow for multiple display configurations: a single 190" x thoroughly tested each reused component at its own facility to ensure compatibility60" continuous image that fills the entire wall; a centered 107" x 60" single image with and stability before on-site installation(Center Photo: Arnold Presentation & Screening Room)
12. Project ProfileMetLifeFacility-Wide AV Build-OutTampa, FL “ Because we have an established relationship with Verrex, we were able to design and implement a solution in Tampa that conforms to our vision of how we want to use AV across all of our facilities. - Senior AV Consultant, MetLifeAs the long-standing audiovisual provider for MetLife, Verrex was presented with the ” Videoconferencing Rooms. When specifying which videoconferencing systems tochallenge of integrating the newly opened Tampa location with audiovisual systems integrate in each location, it was imperative the Project Manager be completelythat were consistent throughout all MetLife facilities, worldwide. knowledgeable of the corporate infrastructure. Designing such value-adds as extra inputs for portable videoconferencing systems, gave the client added flexibility byCHALLENGES allowing for last minute meeting changes and futureMetLife required meeting and conference room spaces growth applications.that could easily “morph” into multiple rooms on a dime,audiovisual capabilities that were almost exact replicas Lobby Signage. MetLife required the ability to get theirof those in other locations within the company and an corporate message to visitors and employees. The lobbyintegrator that could be all but invisible as it tackled signage system is a valuable communication tool. Fromthe installation work amid ongoing office operations. scheduled events to internal corporate messages, this tool has been instrumental in ensuring everyone staysSOLUTIONS informed.Coordinating closely with MetLife’s in-house AV staff,Verrex succeeded in helping design a technology Miscellaneous Rooms. The dining room and fitnesssolution that met the company’s requirement for a room also included flat panel display monitors and soundconsistent AV system template. This included a reinforcement systems.dedicated Project Manager to act as liaison betweenthe client and integration team. Conference Rooms. Each conference room includes the same type of projector, screen, audio and controlEvery meeting space and conference room was system. Some rooms required flexibility by either beingdesigned with the same equipment, layout, programming and field installation used as one large venue or divided into separate meeting spaces. Variations inparameters. A Project Manager was dedicated solely to work on all MetLife projects functionality required some minor equipment changes depending upon the roomthroughout the country, keeping the team procedures and equipment consistent requirements.within each facility.(Center Photo: MetLife Divisible Meeting Space)
13. GMSTM (Global Managed Services)Verrex GMS (Global Managed Services) is a comprehensive suite of solutions designed to increase usage and simplify the operation and management ofbusiness critical audiovisual and conferencing systems. Now management, support and maintenance of all collaboration, conferencing and presentationtechnologies – the complete range of visual communication systems and components – can be centralized providing a single-source umbrella for: Professional Services Preventive Maintenance & Repair Analysis and recommendations to improve Preventive maintenance and critical care AV infrastructure. service options. VNOC Services Onsite Staffing & Training End-to-end concierge management of audio Human capital to provide immediate support, and video conferences. operation and training services.Professional Services Onsite Staffing & TrainingA collaborative dialog with Verrex GMS will help identify and anticipate an Choose from dedicated on-site staffing or staff augmentation to provide liveorganization’s evolving AV communication needs. Professional Services provides meeting support, room checks, set up and trouble-shooting. A comprehensivea critical road map, assessing options, operations, infrastructure, service gaps training and certification program - Verrex University - is required for all Verrexand business requirements to arrive at the best, most strategic decision for the placed technicians and can be made available to an organization as part of theirenterprise. own training process.Preventive Maintenance & Repair VNOC ServicesA comprehensive suite of service and support offerings to maximize uptime and Solutions designed to monitor and manage video and audio conferencingROI: 24/7 global help desk, preventive maintenance, service agreements, environments ensuring trouble-free, effective and consistent communicationequipment repair, loaner & rental systems, critical spares, asset management and across single or multiple time zones. Verrex VNOC services include: device andon-call Service Desk. Customization puts cost control in the user’s hands, network monitoring; device management; bridging services; conference schedulingselecting only those options that match a specific budget and need. and reservation management; conference management; and problem management.
14. © Copyright Verrex Corporation. All Rights Reserved. opyrigh Verrex Corporatio A R ghts or erved. rve State Street Conference Center Presentation Room
15. © Copyright Verrex Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Copyr gh V rrex orporation Al Rights ese v ati ht OSG Videoconferencing Boardroom
16. © Copyright Verrex Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Cop righ Verrex Corp atio A R ghts eserved. ght o rve JPMorgan Chase Training Room
17. © Copyright Verrex Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Copyrigh Ver ex orporation Al R h op e e ved. Diageo N.A. Headquarters Employee Cafe
18. © Copyright Verrex Corporation. All Rights Reserved. r ra ghts eserved. MetLife Headquarters Corporate Auditorium
19. © Copyright Verrex Corporation. All Rights Reserved. C o p r g h V re o o a ion A R ght eserved v State Street Lafayette Conference Center Lobby
20. Expertise Systems ApplicationsDesign/Build Videoconferencing BoardroomsArchitectural Coordination Audio/Video Conference CentersSystems Engineering Digital Signage Conference RoomsProject Management Presentation Corporate AuditoriumsSubcontractor Coordination Audio Conferencing Divisible SpacesControl Systems Programming Sound Masking Executive OfficesRack Fabrication Sound Reinforcement Interview RoomsInstallation Lobby & ReceptionGMS™ (Global Managed Services) Meeting Spaces - Professional Services Office Amenities - VNOC Services Presentation Rooms - Preventive Maintenance & Repair Trading Floors - Onsite Staffing & Training Training Facilities Video WallsAbout VerrexFounded in 1947, Verrex is a global design-build integrator and managed services provider of advanced conferencing, collaboration and presentation technologies.Specializing in benchmark enterprise-level corporate solutions, clients engage Verrex to communicate, collaborate and articulate locally and globally throughvideoconferencing, audio conferencing, digital signage, presentation and other audiovisual systems. Superior performance is Verrex’s hallmark offering clients theindustry’s highest level of execution, broadest global footprint, universal standards and a sophisticated services portfolio. With principle offices in North America, Europeand Asia, Verrex has strategically positioned its presence to serve corporate hubs around the globe. For more information, visit verrex.com. Americas Headquarters EMEA Headquarters Asia Pacific Headquarters Verrex Corporation Verrex Limited Verrex Asia Limited Mountainside, NJ USA Herts, United Kingdom Kowloon Bay, Hong KongGlobal Conferencing & Communication Solutions +1 908 232 7000 +44 (0) 1992 667 000 +852 3713 4200 www.verrex.com© 2011 Verrex and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Verrex, the Verrex New York | Boston | Tampa | Toronto | London | Mumbai | Singapore | Hong Kong | Shanghai | SydneyLogo and GMS are registered trademarks of Verrex Corporation and/orits affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Please visit www.verrex.com for a complete list of Verrex global addresses, phone numbers and registrations.