(File) Name: School bag
Suitable Age First Grade
Skill Focus Speaking and listening
(It develops…) It develops attentive listening.
Communicative goals Use the language for saying which object they have in their
(Using the language school bags and their colors.
for…) Students will practice ‘I have’, school objects and colors.
(Students will practice...)
Procedure 1. Teacher brings to class a school bag made of cardboard
or a real school bag.
2. Teacher hands out to the students pictures of school
objects so that they can color them and place them in the
3. Students color the pictures ( they can sing a song related to
4. Teacher models the activity. She or he goes to the front of
the class and place his or her objects in the bag saying – I
have a blue pencil and a yellow book.
5. Each student does the same. The others students need to
pay attention to the classmates.
6. Teacher asks questions such as: What objects has “Rodrigo”
put inside the bag? What color is Rodrigo’s pencil?
7. As a review in following in class students can come to the
bag and pick up some object and say…
Teacher can use a real bag or real school objects to put in the