(File) Name: Guess where they are
Suitable Age From 4 to 10 years old
Skill Focus Speaking and listening
Strategy It develops vocabulary about parts of the house and family;
(It develops…) It describes where people are;
Communicative goals Yes/No questions (Is the father in the bedroom?).
(Using the language
(Students will practice...)
Procedure 1) Each student gets two identical picture cards with parts of the
house (card 1 and 2);
2) They also get pictures of people (family members);
3) They place each person into a different room in the card 1;
4) Then, in pairs, each student has to guess where their partner put
their pictures of family members.
5) When they guess where the member of the family is, they mark
on their card 2;
6) The first one that guesses everything is the winner.
Contingency Plan Students can talk about what the members of the family are
doing in each part of the house.
E.g.: What is mom doing? She is cooking in the kitchen.