1. “Change begins when someone sees the next” - William Drayton
2. What does SHRM do …..Simply put – SHRM is “ Body of HR professionals who have come together to : – learn , enhance, deploy HR tools and Techniques – Ensure that Fresh and right talent is hired and retained by understanding the need of the organisation”
3. LINK…LEARN…LEAD… HR Programs Cost Since SHRM is for Certified faculty Non-Profit SHRM arranges for organisation it’s a Master trainers - Acquire competency very nominal that - From overseas covers the basic costs - Run programs at - From India Institute of SHRM.
4. LINK…LEARN…LEAD…Partnership bonus •Institute level Students •Annual case study contests •Top 4 – hosted on website •Top 2 – Awarded cash prizes •All India level •Best academic paper Faculty •Represent SHRM in an annual leadership forum
5. College A College B YOU ARE HERE All colleges approach theCollege C College D same corporate Corporates are looking for and Institute that is DIFFERENT Deciding authority is ONE PERSON If not – Then the company goes to If he /she likes you – some other Wow the company is Institute on your campus SO EVERY YEAR – IT’S THE SAME STRUGGLE
6. How does SHRM facilitate College SHRM talks to HR ( students) professionals HR professionals /SMEsSHRM comes to college – TO TRAIN THE STUENTS Industry SHRM brings HR professionals back to college for Seminar/Forum/Workshops HR people have deep interactions with the students (2) Get exposed to college Infrastructure An influence is created on HR professionals leading to CAMPUS recruitments
7. The way out is = Academic Alliance An initiative to bring together HR professionals and Students aspiring to start a successful professional career in Marketing / Financial Sector/ HR Profession.
8. SHRM- HR NEXT program SHRM – HR NEXT Program For “MBA- HR and Personnel Management”Content : Modules which will focus on 1. Value added HR 2. Talent Acquisition 3. Learning and Development 4. Performance Management 5. Compensation and Benefits 6. Employee Engagement
9. Module Content= MBA - HR Value Added HR Overall HR Function & its role Integrated perspective of how HR creates value Process and execution effectiveness Stakeholder needs & expectations focused Talent Acquisition Right approach to talent acquisition Value based trends and pattern analysis and metrics based action Stakeholders management and hand holding Basic familiarity with related regulatory framework that governs employment contractLearning and development HR role in impacting employee performance and development Assessing "real" program effectiveness
10. Module content…..Performance Management Understanding the complete process of performacen management end to end Big picture of PMS - Its purpose , business and HR objectives and outcome it supports Analyze quality of process - basics like consistency , adherance to principles and guidelinesCompensation and Benfits Broad understanding of compensation objectives , frameworks, linkages to performance management and business implications Compensation as a reward and cost optimization Appreciation of variables that impact compensation decisions Enhanced awareness of basic legal and regulatory frameworks Employee Engagement Understanding the importance of employee engagement Opportunity to partner with employee and line and add value in role
11. Learning Outcomes• Student will be able to learn: – Practical frameworks particularly the “Value added HR” – Helps to understand how to align the role of HR towards serving the interests of the employee, organization and business
12. Module content = MBA - MarketingTopic Trainer ProfileCompetency based interviews for HR professionalmarketing rolesPerformance management and career HR professionalpaths for marketing professionalsBasics of marketing management - Rural Marketingmarketing, services marketing, B2B professionalmarketingBrand management and advertising Marketing professionalSales and Distribution management and Marketingretailing professional
13. Module content = MBA – FinanceTopic Trainer ProfileCompetency based interviews for financeroles HR professionalPerformance management and careerpaths for finance professionals HR professionalCorporate Finance Finance ProfessionalRetail banking and customer relationshipmanagement Finance ProfessionalProject management and capital markets Finance Professional
14. Execution and Deliverables• Training hours : 40 hours• Training by : SHRM’s own subject matter experts and Domain experts for Domain related training• Deliverables : SHRMI – SHRM training and content – 2 HR Conclave/seminar/workshop/Interaction with the students – HR professionals for this conclave -10 to 25 Middle and Senior level HR managers – Mock HR interviews and competency based Test – Certification from SHRMI – Train the trainer for faculty of MBA school – Orientation program for the directors and other management members of the institution
15. Contd….• Deliverables : of Partner/ Institution/ Partner-Institution entity – Students – MBA – HR and Personnel Management – Minimum batch size = 50 students – Students feedback directly to SHRM- India – Infrastructure for training – classrooms/projectors etc – Accommodation for SHRM’s Subject Matter Experts while they train the students