1. INTRODUCTION OF ACOMPANY• PepsiCo is a world leader in convenient foods and beverages, with revenues of about $27 billion and over 143,000 employees. The company consists of the snack business of Frito-Lay North America and the beverage and food businesses of PepsiCo Beverages and Foods, which includes PepsiCo Beverages North America (Pepsi-Cola North America and Gatorade/Tropicana North America) and Quaker Foods North America. PepsiCo International includes the snack businesses of Frito-Lay International and beverage businesses of PepsiCo Beverages International. PepsiCo brands are available in nearly 200 countries.
2. • Many of PepsiCos brand names are over 100-years- old, but the corporation is relatively young. PepsiCo was founded in 1965 through the merger of Pepsi-Cola and Frito-Lay. Tropicana was acquired in 1998 and PepsiCo merged with the Quaker Oats Company, including Gatorade, in 2001. PepsiCo’s success is the result of superior products, high standards of performance, distinctive competitive strategies and the high integrity of the employees. Their mission is to be the worlds premier consumer Products Company focused on convenient foods and beverages. They seek to produce healthy financial rewards to investors and provide opportunities for growth and enrichment to their employees, their business partners and the communities in which they operate and in everything they do, they strive for honesty, fairness and integrity clear picture of financial position and profitability of PepsiCo
3. INDUSTRY PROFILE• PepsiCo, Inc.
4. • Type Public (NYSE: PEP)Founded New York, New York (1965)Headquarters Purchase, New York Area served WorldwideKey people Indra K. Nooyi (Chairwoman), (President) & (CEO )Industry Food Non-alcoholic beverage
5. • Market cap USD 107.19 Billion (2008)• Revenue ▲ USD 39.474 Billion (2007).• Operating income ▲ USD 7.170 Billion (2007).• Net income ▲ USD 5.658 Billion (2007).• Total assets ▲ USD 34.628 Billion (2007).• Total equity ▲ USD 17.234 Billion (2007).• Employees 185,000(2008).• Divisions PepsiCo Americas (PepsiCo Americas Food, PepsiCo Americas Beverages), PepsiCo International• Website PepsiCo.com
6. LOGO’S OF PEPSI
7. • Plant has demonstrated strong improvements in the last 3 years of operations.• Many new initiatives have been piloted and established here and template to be rolled out in the BU.• “Lowest water consumption Plant “in the Pepsi India in 2006. We have applied for preliminary patent of the modified process.• Recovery and recycling of in-process used water with no compromise on quality parameters• India BU First PLANT ACHEIVEMENTS• Panipat plant in which BIOZYME treatment is done to reduce generation of solid waste in Effluent Treatment Plant.• Plant is a Rain water harvested site.• 100% utilization of treated effluent in plant for gardening and utilities. Zero discharge out of the plant premises since 06.• Continuous improvement in quality standards, HACCP certification in 07.• First plant in which has won TPM Level 1 Award in Pepsi bottling operation in the world business unit.• Plant is on SAP.• “Lowest power consumption Plant “in the Pepsi India in 2004 to 2008.• Within first Top 3 in the business unit on productivity / cost.• Acoustic chambers for all diesel generators to avoid noise pollution.
8. • MISSION• PepsiCo’s mission is “To be the worlds premier consumer Products Company focused on convenient foods and beverages. We seek to produce healthy financial rewards to investors as we provide opportunities for growth and enrichment to our employees, our business partners and the communities in which we operate. And in everything we do, we strive for honesty, fairness and integrity.”
9. SWOT ANALYSIS
10. STRENGTHS :• More popularity among the kids and female youth (because of the sweetened taste of Pepsi and its other brands attracts the kids and female more).• Pepsi is a well established co. so it has a good reputation in the market.• Advertising of Pepsi is much more aggressive than coke.• Backed by huge promotion at national & international level.• Co. endorses Saif Ali khan, cricket stars and Ranvir kapoor & Deepika to promote their products.
11. WEAKNESS:• Coca cola red color have more visibility than Pepsi’s blue color (b’coz the coca cola’s red color is visible from distant place).• Pepsi sin ages are far more scattered as compared to coca-cola (b’coz the at some places the market is captured by coca cola).• Non fulfilment of commitments on time, made to shopkeepers.• Incompetent sales man who do not give the schemes in the market regularly.• Not proper controls over distribution network
12. OPPORTUNITIES:• In the rural areas Pepsi’s distribution network is far stronger vis-à-vis to any of the competitor. Therefore it is viable to make it stronger, as this can restrict the entry of the other brands in the rural market.• Kids demand for the Mirinda is more as compared to any other orange flavor soft drink brand.• May tie up of liaison with major showrooms, computer centers & restaurant.• Huge publicity of the twister/ slice has created a lot of demand.
13. THREATS:• There is a lot of complaints is coming about the impurities and leakages of gas or carbonated water.• There is no proper policy of distributing the merchandising assets of the co. to the retailers (many of the retailers have so many things though their sales are low but few of them do not have anything in spite of large sales.• Threats of the competitors new brand entry in the market (so many local brands of juices are available at low prices).• Natural juices are now available whose price is also of same as soft drinks.
14. • PEPSICO VALUES• Our Values reflect our aspirations – the kind of company we want PepsiCo to be.• FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES• When thinking about new opportunities and potential moves, we typically consider five factors. These are: proven results, leadership capability, functional excellence, knowing the business cold and key experiences. These elements are evaluated against the current set of opportunities and our longer-term commitment to growth and development of our employees.
15. • PRODUCTS PROFILE• Different drinks are made by different names and they have their separate identity. The brands of product which are manufactured by this particular group such as follow:-• 1. PEPSI ---------------- Cola• 2. PEPSI ---------------- Diet• 3. MIRINDA ----------------- Lemon• 4. MIRINDA ------------------Orange• 5. MOUNTAIN DEW• 6. 7-UP• 7. SLICE• 8. LEHAR ----------------- SODA• 9. NIMBOOZ by 7-UP
16. Pepsi is considered as cola drinks, it is generally preferred by allsegment of consumers.This particular brand gives handsome revenue to the company.It is one of the leading lemon drinks in terms of sales.The particular drink is mostly liked by youth segment. This particular drink comes in two flavors orange and lemon. Orange flavors are more common in ladies and children This is one of the major drinks demanded by the consumers it is made with the help of mango pulp. This is lemon kind of drink. It is also short of colorless drink it does not have proper penetration in the market and yields less return is available on this.
17. Tropicana is a fruit juice which is product of PepsiCo.Tropicana comes in different flower such as orange, grape, apple, Litchi, guava,mixed fruit etc. • Nimbooz is the newly launched product of Pepsi. It contain with 5% of lemon, with real lemon juice, no fizz and no artificial flavours, will be available in three packaging formats of 200 ml returnable glass bottles, 350 ml PET and 200 ml tetra packs, priced at Rs 10, Rs 15 and Rs 10, respectively. Its communication tagline will be ‘Ekdum Asli Indian’.