1. Through the NoiseToward More Effective Communication Strategies Derek Luther NACCAP 2012
2. Manage Expectations Who we’re recruiting Marketing Paths to Authenticity Staying connected
3. Did You Know? 4.0
4. Who are we recruiting? Let’s get on the same page.
5. 76 Million Millennials(vs. 72 million Boomers and 42 million Xers)
6. About Millenials 35% are non-white (and Latino).Millennials are more racially diverse than any generation before them 1 in 5 have an immigrant parent, 1 in 10 have a non-citizen parent. Largest separation in wealth in American history. U.S. Census Bureau 2011
7. About Millenials Celebrated, cherished and protected. Celebrated by Hollywood:Three Men and a Baby, Mr. Mom and Disney princesses. Empowered females. Bike helmets, car seats, nanny cams and more.
8. About Millenials Raised by attached parents.Freakishly close to their “Helicopter Parents” or “Blackhawks” transitioning to “Stealth.”Parents are “Best Friends” and co-purchasing. Conservative. Or Conventional?
9. About Millenials Team Oriented. Task Oriented. Civic Oriented. (not in march on D.C. way) Want to achieve high standards set for them. Feel that they have already “paid their dues.”
10. 5000Marketing messages we are assaulted by each day Consumers 18-65 years old. Ad Age 2010
11. 64%Believe advertising is “dishonest” or “unrealistic” Consumers 18-65 years old, Ad Age 2010
12. 90% Consumers who trust word of mouthover traditional advertising Consumers 18-65 years old, Ad Age 2010
13. AuthenticityThe fundamental problem with advertising: it’s a phoniness generating machine.
14. Authenticity The easiest way to beperceived as phony is to advertise things you are not.
15. Rendering Authenticity
16. Through the NoiseToward More Effective Communication Strategies Derek Luther firstname.lastname@example.org