1. VISIT VISION
Observations, Trends and
Futurecasting on the Campus Visit*
*Presentation modified for the web. We wanted you to understand our photos.
Disney World, the epitome of experiences. Where it all began.
At his alma mater, Lee University, Jeff debuted as an admission counselor
In Manchester, VT, Emily is born into a hospitality family.
TargetX is founded by Brian Niles and Mike Crusi
The Experience Economy is published and becomes key to our work.
Jeff, Trent Gilbert, and Brian Niles all meet at SACAC in Savannah, GA
Jeff joins the TargetX team and
Rider University becomes the first Campus Visit Consulting client
Emily starts college and becomes a Valley Ambassador and Admission Intern
Trent Gilbert joins Jeff on the TargetX campus visit consulting team
Jeff tours consulting client, Lebanon Valley College and meets Emily
who joins the team after graduation in 2010.
CIVSA in Lexington, KY
TargetX hosted reception at Woodford Reserve
CIVSA in San Antonio, TX
Reception at Tower of the Americas
CIVSA in Denver, Colorado and TargetX reception at Red Rocks
15. University of Northern Colorado
Utilizing a Student Ambassador Leadership
Team to Help Run Your Visit Operation
University of Northern Kentucky
You Can Please Everyone
The ‘YOU’ In ‘University Tour’
Stephen F. Austin State
LIFE CHANGERS! Live the Motto!
Lessons from Transition
The Pennsylvania State Unive
Membership Selection...The Student’s Po
Let’s Talk CIVSA: Learn More and Get
Southern New Hampshire
The Transfer Student’s Visit
Georgia Institute of
Walking the Tightrope: Balancing Your
and Managing Stress in the Real World
The Ohio State University
Evaluations: When’s the Last Time
You Took Your Own Tour?
Our client sessions this year
TargetX’s CRM Summit for current and future clients
TargetX Campus Visit Consulting is becoming Render Experiences
18. Render Experiences is based in Atlanta, GA.
We can get to you.
19. TREND: Visitor Center’s need to accommodate
growing visit numbers.
20. TREND: Admissions needs more support.
21. TREND: Walking-Riding Hybrid tours are growing.
22. TREND: Students are waiting
until they are accepted to visit campus
and the focus has shifted to
23. How are your accepted student events? Are they helping students
form a connection to your institution and to one another?
24. TIP: The visit begins before families get to you.
How is your registration making that process simple but effective?
25. TIP: Families will use their GPS devices to find you.
What address are you providing them with?
26. TIP: Families are suffering from information overload and relying
on you to deliver basic statistics.
Are you providing them effectively?
27. TIP: It is all about visuals.
How is the visit promoting content creation by prospective students?
28. TIP: Families are becoming more rude and demanding?
How are you “combatting” this? Empowering your tour guides?
29. TIP: Outcomes are more important than ever.
How are you revealing what your graduates do after commencement?
30. TREND: More multi-generational families are visiting.
How do you accommodate grandma and grandpa who come to campus?
31. TIP AND TREND: Schools are going back to building traditional res halls.
Stop apologizing for community style living, instead tell the story.
32. TIP: Tour guides need to be treated as paraprofessionals.
How are you helping them embrace their responsibility and own the visit?
33. TREND: Students are choosing a school AND a location/town.
How are you revealing the community your school is located in?
34. TIP: Embrace the authentic side of your campus.
Is your visit real? Families will find a way to find out.
35. TIP: Embrace what is important.
New and shiny doesn’t always mean important. Reveal authentic elements.
36. TIP: Visit targetx.com to learn more about the CRM and other
37. TIP: “Like” us on Facebook to keep up with more insights, trends, and tips.