1. Def. ofThe process involved in creating a uniquename and image for a product in theconsumers’ mind.Branding aims to establish a significant anddifferentiated presence in the market thatattracts and retains loyal customers.
2. » was the first person to walk on the moon. Who was second???» was the first president of the United States. Who was second???
3. Was the 1st ibuprofen, Advil has 51 percent of the ibuprofen market . Was the first brand of acetaminophen. Tylenol is so far ahead of the No. 2 brand that its hard to determine who is No. 2
4. Was the 1st amoxicillin clavulanate in Egyptian market , Augmentin is No.1 product in antibiotic market in Egypt.
5. • It’s better to be first than it’s to be better.• “ the basic issue in marketing in creating a category you can be first in”• It’s much easier to get into the mind first than it’s to try to convince someone you have a better product than the one that did get into the mind first.
6. 1st minivan introduced by Chrysler.Although Chrysler possess 10% car marketbut 50% of minivan market.…so is it all about making better cars?No, it’s about being first….
7. ….one reason the first brand often leadsis because it’s name becomes generic…when introducing the first brand in a newcategory, always try to select a name thatcan work generically. Brand namesbecome generic.
8. Not the 1st product become a leader but alsoThe sales order of follow-up brands oftenmatches their introduction…EX, Pregabalin Market
9. …people perceive the first product intheir mind as superior, and marketing isthe battle of perceptions, not products. If you are 2nd, you are not doomed
10. Law of categoryWHEN YOU LAUNCH A NEW PRODUCTDON’T ASK HOW OR IF IT’S BETTERTHAN THE COMPETITION…ASKWHAT…WHAT CATEGORY IS THISPRODUCT FIRST IN?IF YOU CAN’T BE FIRST…. SETUP A NEWCATEGORY YOU CAN BE FIRST IN….
11. Expand the category by promoting thebenefits of the category, not the brand.
12. Total Market Other Share Your Porduct
13. Law of Mind Duryea 1893first successful gas-engine vehicle1st search engine 1990
14. Law of Mind modify Law of Leadership“It’s better to be 1st in Mind than to be 1st inMarketplace.”Being 1st in The Mind is everything inMarketing.Being 1st in The Marketplace is importantonly to extent that allows you to get into theMind 1st
15. Ex. Mainframe computers (supercomputers)Remington was 1st with UNIVAC.IBM wasn’t Massive Marketing Perceived first