• Survey existing conditions of: the future work
site, existing buildings and infrastructure, and
underground infrastructure whenever possible.
• Place reference points and markers that will
guide the construction of new structures
• Verify the location of structures during
• Check at the end of the construction project to
verify that the work was completed to the
specifications from the plans.
• In some countries this is recognised as a
profession, and requires special training.
They are called “Building Surveyors”
• They are in charge of:
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.