Transcript of "Advent of the mughals by tanush sehadriof modern "
Tanush seshadri ,Anish.k7c
Babur Humayun Sher shah suri First battle of panipat
Called themselves so after their mongal ancestry. Witnessed rule by a single dynasty. The era is known as the early modern period because it witnessed major changes in trade,agriculture and technology. It differed from the delhi sultanate. Timur attacked india during the tughluq dynasty and hence babur came and attacked india when he got the oppurtunity to do so. Daulat khan may be reffered to as a traitor as he invited babur to attack India.
was the governor of punjab but he betrayed his country for his profit. He along with alam khan invited babur the king of kabul to India. They thought that babur would raid this area and return back to kabul with the loot . But babur occupied parts of punjab an d refused to go back . This angered daulat khan and he attacked babur. But he got back what he deserved……….
As you sow so shall you reap Meaning Your deeds, good or bad, will repay you in kind. Origin From the Bible, Galatians VI (King James Version): Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Causes for the succes of babur:- Babur’s small army was well trained and disciplined while ibrahim’s army was disorganised and indisciplined. Babur used canons in warfare for the first time in india.Canons were unknown to ibrahim’s army till then The large paractised enveloping tactics of the central aasian cavalry proved highly effective agaist ibrahim lkodi Because of the canon’s noises the elephants killed their own people
babur knew how to write in turkish as well as in persian. He loved music He enjoyed polo he loved nature-laid down a number of gardens in kabul and india Planted fruit trees Qrote baburnama or tuzuk-i-baburi
Loved his father. His father also loved him Full name nasir-u din humayun. Was known as the unfortunate mughal ruler. He was not worthy of his name. was surrounded by many enemies when he ascended the throne. Was not far -sighted
Humayun had just defeated bahadur shah when he got the news of sher shah’s revolt and the subsequent conquest of bengal.Humayun marched towards bengal and captured the fort of gaur.But the wily(clever) sher shah avoided a confrontation with the mughals and allowed humayun to enter bengal.This easy victory over sher shah elated humayun.Meanwhile his brother’s were hatching a conspiracy in agra to overthrow him.Humayun was forced to rush to agra.Taking advantage of the situation sher shah attacked humayun and defeated him in the battle of chausa and once again in kanuj.
son of a jagirdar. Managed his father’s jagir efficiently. had two names farid khan and sher khan’ was called sher khan because he killed a tiger single handedly. He was forced to seekemployement under the ruler of bihar.
ur Empire | Sher Shah Suri Dynasty Ads by GoogleOpen NRI Savings Account Kotak.com/NRI-Account For FCNR, NRE, NRO Services Online. Make Life Simpler with Kotak NRI Ads by Google The dynasty was founded by Sher Shah Suri. His original name was Farid. Started his career as the jagirdar of "Sasaram". Sher Shah joined the service of Bahar Khan Lohani of Bihar who conferred on him the title Sher Khan for his courage in killing a tiger. Later he joined the service of Junaid Barlas (Baburs representative in the eastern region). Sher Shah persuaded Jalal Khan (ruler of Bengal) to render obedience to Babur (A.D.1529), as Babur restored his Jagirs. There he launched many administrative experiments. He attacked Bengal and conquered it in 1537. Sher Shah defeated the Mughalforces in the battles at Chausa and Kanauj and seized the throne of Humayun (Baburs son) for himself in 1540. After suppressing the Gakkhars of Punjab, he built the fortress of Rohtas to control them. He split Bengal into small administrative units to ensure peace. He occupied Jodhpur and Ajmer in 1544 A.D. Next year he occupied Chitor and Amber, and died while besieging the fortress of Kaiinjar in 1545 A.D. He was buried at Sasaram. Sher Shah established a madarsa at Narnaul in Bihar. The dynasty by Sher Shah held control from the Kabul region in Afghanistan to Bangladesh in the east.
Rulers of Sur Dynasty Ruler Reign Sher Shah Suri 1545–1553 Firuz Shah Suri 1553 Muhammad Adil Shah 1553-1555 Ibrahim Shah Suri 1555 Sikandar Shah Suri 1555 Adil Shah Suri 1555-1556 Sher Shahs Administrative Reforms
Administration: Sher Shah divided the empire into provinces. He experimented the usefulness of subdividing the provinces into regional administrative units by grouping some districts and appointed deputy governors. By making the localpeople responsible, he tremendously improved the law and order situation. By appointing two persons of equal rank at Paragana and Sarkar levels, he divided the executive functions and ensured the balance of power. He effected greater centralization by assuming the power of appointment and dismissal of Paragana and Sarkar officials. Dispensed justice well. Sujath Khan, Governor of Malwa was heavily punished for cheating soldiers, in making payment. Revenue Administration: He classified the lands into three categories on the basis of their yield and assessed the land revenue on the basis of measurement of land. He drew up a schedule of rates to fix up land revenue in terms of cash. He issued Pattas to the peasants and received Qabuliyats from the latter. He established a famine relief fund and collected two and half seers per bigha from the peasants, for maintaining this relief fund. Trade and Commerce: For improving them he built several new roads and restored the old ones (Got roads laid from Agra to Jodhpur and Chitor, Lahore to Multan and Agra to Burhampur and restored the old imperial road from river Indus to Sonargaon in Bengal. He built Sarais along the roads for the traders to take rest. The sarais were also made use of as stages for the news service, carried with the aid of horses. He encouraged trade by standardising the coins of gold, silver, and copper, and introducing standard weights and measures. He collected the tolls only twice; once at the time of entering the country and next at the time of sales. Military Administration: Maintained a large standing army of 1,50,000 cavalry, 25,000 infantry, 5,000 elephantry and artillery. He directly recruited the soldiers by dispensing with tribal levies. He maintained dagh and Chahra to keep his army efficient. Contribution to Architecture: ensured the construction of a magnificent tomb at Sasaram in Bihar, sturdy fort at Rohtasgarh on Jhelum and Purana Quila at Delhi.
Answer the following 1. Who was the founder of the mughal dynasty?How was he able to occupy parts of punjab? 2. What were the causes for babur’s success in the vatlle of panipat 3. Why is the first battle of panipat important 4. Was babur worthy of his name.why? 5. Was humayun worthy of his name?Why? 6. Who founded the sur dynasty 7. Sher shah died in ad. 1545 .Humayun regained his empire in 1555.Who ruled between 1545 and 1555? 8. Was sher shah an efficient admistrator
9. What steps did he take to promote trade? 10. What does sher and purana mean? 11. Mention all the conquests of babur. 12. Write about babur’s character.Was he only intrested in conquering? 13. Justify:-Humayun’s love for his father was different from other rulers. 14. Write about humayun’s character ?Was he a far sighted adminstrator?Why/why not? 15. How did sher shah become the ruler of bihar and then the sultan of delhi? 16. Who succeded sher khan? 17. Who were muqadamms?What were their jobs?
18. What are patwari? 19. Who collected land revenue from village? 20. Was sher shah kind?Justify. 21. Compare the way ibrahim lodi,babur,humayun and sher shah ruled.Who was far sighted ?Who was a lion?Who was fortunate?Who do you think was a coward?Who cared about the poor?Who was smart and in what sense?Justify for each.
1. Who was the father of akbar? 2. Who was his guardian? 3. Who was his son? 4. Who was his mother? 5. How was he different from his father? 6. Why is he regarded as a great ruler?
22. State the causes for the A) Battle of chausa B) Battle of panipat C)Battle between daulat and babur 23. Did babur have varied intrests.Why? 24. Why is the mughal period called the early modern period? 25. Do you think humayun had varied interests?Why? 26. Do you think S.S.S had varied interests?Why? 27. What do you think is the turning point in the second battle of panipat
28. Do you think akbar had a better admin. System than Sher sha?Justify. 29. Do you think Sher Shah was interested in the appointment of soldiers and in building monuments?Justify. 30 . Name the two painters of Akbar’s court 31. Bonus:-Name all the nine gems of Akbar’s court?
A) ________________ means lion. B) _______________’s wife quarreled with sher shah c) Timur is the _____________ of babur. d) _______________ means fortunate.
1. Who is the son of humayun?2. Write a short note on the early life of akbar?3. Briefly describe the causes and effect of the second battle of panipat? How did it differ from the first battle of panipat?4. Who was akbar’s guardian? Did akbar give him what he deserved?Why/WHY not?5. What were the two methods adopted by akbar to establish himself firmly? Give examples where he applies his methods in situations?6. Why did akbar conquer bengal? Where is bengal located?Name anyother city conquered near bengal.
1. Identify. 2. Who built it?Where and why did he build it there? 3. How was he related to Akbar?
1. Identify the ruler. 2. Who did he fight the first battle of panipat against and why? 3. What were the causes for his success in this battle? 4. When was the battle fought?
1. Identify the two people’s statue. 2. Who erected it and where and when? 3. Mention any one cultural contribution of this erected these statues.
Write a short note on his- Conquests Intrests Early life
What is a Constitution? The Britishers plan backfired, Justify this statement. What is the significance of the date chosen of our constitution to come into force? How was the draft of the constitution made, who were the prominent leaders in the Draft Committee ? Who founded the Indian National Congress ? Describe the principles of the Preamble. Do you think that it was just on India`s part to have a written constitution? Support your opinion with facts. Why is the preamble not a legal part of the constitution.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.