Current state of affairs :
There are many websites that are sources of
They all are catered towards academics.
Question –Answer ( Java related )
• Arrange competitions.
• Make sites industry standard and cool.(Current education sites
are very boring.)
Make them motivational.
Provide a conferencing /networking platform.
Provide meet the teacher program.
Give group puzzles, subscribed users can select their own or
allow the website to random select ppl based on criteria.
Provide situation rooms. One person can be a leader given a
People can post their ideas and start brain storming sessions.
Paid members will be guaranteed to get 1 partner.
Change is needed
A revolutionary website?
• Provide “BEST quality and least quantity” of “job oriented”
knowledge and networking platform anywhere anytime.
What is it NOT
• This is not about teachers not about teaching.
• It is not about a monotone lecture.
• Not about answering multiple choice questions and
What is it ?
• Experience, learning and practical application of learning
• Passion to understand & about techniques to understand.
• Techniques on developing a quality product not just a
• Knowledge network platform.
• Platform for employers to get the best candidates.
• Students ( Graduate / Undergrad Engineering students.)
• Job Seekers
• Constant Learners.
• People who are browsing for a specific problem.
List of some educational Sites
This is a tutorials website and the business model uses
employers hiring by means of competitions.
Year : 2010
• Launched August 2008
• Funded by Union Square Ventures.
Model : job postings and Ads.
• Question answer website
• WIZ IQ
• Algorithm related site
• Amitkeerti Lagare
• Niharika Kumar
• Assistant Professor, RNSIT, Bangalore
• No business Model
• Business model none ?
• Owner Salman Khan
• Launched September 2006
• Owner Salman Khan
• Business model non-profit
• Google's Project 10100 provided $2 million
• No more information.
• Business model : Ads
• Business Model : Ads…
• No more info …
• Created by Jack Herrick and Josh Hannah
• UCI ICS student has done.
• Another cool site is
You can use a Xul plugin for any browser and that will
maintain the notes.
• Non – Annoying / Non – distracting ads
• Affiliate marketing
• How to post ads that are not annoying and still solve the
• For intense readers give an entertainment link. ( This
could be a watch now type add )
• Paid services/subscription.
• Give book Links ( These will be minimized as referals..
• Set up booth in universities.
• Set up a booth in Job fair events.
• Send links to professors.
• Bulletin boards.
• Send to all consulting agencies.
• Facebook, Twitter etc…
• Affiliate marketing.
• Give talks in companies/universities.
• Talk to students./ post on their group email.
References: ( Ads)
( This link tells how to get advertizers for your website)
( What is Adsense ?? )
Reference ( Current sites.)
• Women in Business
• ( The above is a good article )
• http://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/6591.html by Shikhar Ghosh