Data analytic for mobile app developmentPresentation Transcript
Data Analytics for
● Turn your mobile data into real products
● Discover user interests in real-time way
Trieu Nguyen - http://nguyentantrieu.info/blog or @tantrieuf31
Lead Engineer at eClick Log Analytics team at FPT Online
If you like Big Data Analytic Intern
Jobs, submit your CV to me:
Just little introduction
● 2007 I did my first Graph Analytics on Yahoo
360 friend' blogs (use Web Crawler)
● 2008 Java Developer, develop Social Trading
Network for a startup (Yopco)
● 2011 Join FPT Online, just develop social
network again, API for VnExpress Mobile App
● 2012 Join Greengar Studios to learn more
● 2013 back to FPT Online, research about
Data Analytics, develop the Analytics Platform
Contents for this talk
● Trends of Now and the Future
● Why analytics for mobile development
● Core KPIs
● How to implement, case study and demo
● Questions & Answers
Trends of Now and the Future
● Big Data
In 2013, mobile devices will pass PCs to be most
common Web access tools.
By 2015, over 80% of handsets in mature markets will
be smart phones.
We are in the age of Internet Cloud and
connected handheld devices
Why analytics for mobile development ?
Turn your data to actionable things ?
Measure UX using
quantitative research ?
Mobile Apps => Backend APIs =>
Statistics => Find the Trends & Insights?
How could we see "user interest graph" in our user's database ?
● Social Graph
=> Keep the connection
● Interest Graph
=> Make new connection
Case Study (from my freelance project)
● Build the app to promote advertising
information in real time way
● Measure everything
● Report useful information
● Mashup and data integration with Facebook
API for social data analytics
● PhongCachMobile - Smartphone Retail Store
● App <=> PHP API <=> JVM Data Analytics API
● User tap on an item, tracking it.
● User shares/likes an item with Facebook ID,
tracking these events, crawling data using
Graph API for Statistics.
Social Data Integration
Social Data Integration
What I have learned from Mobile World
and Big Data World
What I have learned
● Keep it as simple as possible, but no simpler !
● Choose right KPI, right questions => Profit
● Design an architecture for your data products
● Implement it! Just right tools for right jobs.
● Turn your data into the things everyone can
"look & feel"
Stay focused, keep innovating
“Logic will get you from A to Z;
imagination will get you
everywhere.” - Albert Einstein
Use your imaginationwith data analytics, not
See you at Barcamp Saigon
Date and time
6 July, 2013 - 08:00 to 7 July, 2013 - 17:00
RMIT Saigon South
702 Nguyen Van Linh Boulevard, District 7, Ho
Chi Minh City