1. Taking Health and HealingBeyond the Boundaries ofImagination
2. Henry Ford WestBloomfield Hospital
3. A Competitive and Crowded Market Beaumont POH: Medical Independence. Twp trauma center School with Medical Center Oakland Univ. McLaren: Health Care MACOMB ST. CLAIRIVINGSTON OAKLAND Beaumont Proton Village Beam Therapy HFMH HFWBH Center - $160M HFWBH HFWBH Henry Ford WB and Novi Medical Columbus Ctr HFBCH HFBCH HFMH-W Centers Kingswood Kingswood Beaumont Providence Park children s HFH HFH surgery centerWASHTENAW WAYNE Botsford HFHS Mkt Share HFHS Mkt Share HFHS/Consortium Cancer Center HFWH HFWH > 50% > 50% Proton Beam 30 % ~ 30 % ~ 50 % 50 % Therapy Center CHS 10 % ~ 10 % ~ 5% ~ 5% ~ 30 % 30 % 10 % 10 % < 5% < 5%
4. INDUSTRY UNDER SIEGE… Tough times test your abilityto adapt to a changing environment!!!
5. Healthcare: Industry Under Siege Challenges and Issues§ Shifting Demographics / § Shrinking Pie Aging Population § Thinning Margins and§ Population and Demographic Reimbursement Changes § Pay for Performance§ Market Volatility § Bundle Payments§ Recession § Safety Net Instability§ High Unemployment § Competitive Insurance§ Workforce Shortages Market§ Rising Consumer § Rising Costs Expectations and Demands § Increasing Uninsured§ Globalization (Med. Tourism) § Healthcare Reform
6. If you don t like change,you are going to likeirrelevance even less General Eric Shinseki
7. Doing more of what you arealready doing and expectinga different result is a sign ofinsanity. Albert Einstein
8. Executing the Right Strategies: HF WEST BLOOMFIELD HOSPITALSuccessfully building and opening a $360-million world-class hospital in one of the nations worst recessions took a lot of Strategic Direction and Zero Gravity ThinkingKey Success Factors§ Understand, Evaluate and Develop a plan for Oakland County / Extended NW Region§ Hiring a CEO from outside of the healthcare industry§ Facility Design – healing environment and wellness focus§ Creating community engagement and buzz§ Building a Talent Based Organization§ Early development of clinical priorities and program direction§ Establishing market presence§ Strong medical staff development• Custom Experiences: Clinical, Wellness & Service excellence; and Concierge Services§ Unleashing an Entrepreneurial Spirit
9. We believe that in addition to a physical,architectural blueprint, we need to define an experience blueprint that allows us tounderstand the vision for the ideal customer experience. An Experience Blueprint is the rallying cry that unites oncology and cardiology, nurses and physicians, the patient and the organization around acommon, inspirational vision for the Henry Ford experience
10. The Experience Blueprint§ We believe that you have to create memorable, signature moments, or hot spots, in the customer experience that communicate the Henry Ford Health System brand: what you stand for and what s important to you.
11. Community Center for Well-Being Respect for High People The 4 Filters: Performance 1st – Quality & Safety 2nd – Compassionate Care 3rd – Memorable Experiences 4th - Efficiency PATIENTS & FAMILIES COMMUNITY Health Healing WellbeingLearning & EngagedContinuous Innovation WorkforceImprovement Social Conscience Our Values Taking health and healing beyond the boundaries of imagination
12. A healing orientation with a patient-centered approach that engages the mind, spirit and body:§ Is committed to the practice of best medicine, whether its origins are conventional or integrative§ Neither rejects conventional medicine nor uncritically accepts integrative practices§ Recognizes that good medicine must always be based on good science that is inquiry driven and open to new paradigms
13. ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE TOPA WELLNESS DOCTORS CENTER BREAKTHROUGH PROCEDURESWhat links everything together? HENRY FORD RESORT-LEVEL MEDICAL GROUP CAREHealthy food HEALTH PRODUCTS STORE
14. The Nation s First Culinary Institute for Healthcare
15. Building TheBuilding
16. An Incubator for Distinction§ Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification by the U.S. Green Building Council§ 180 acres of woodlands and wetlands§ Green roof and green thumb