• List all of the Defense Against the Dark Arts
Teachers in chronological order starting from
1991 as mentioned in the book series.
• 5 points for each
• Bonus 10 points for getting all correct
• Infinite Bounce
• +10/-10 for pounce
• +10 /0 for direct and pass
Also what’s missing
• Lacewing Flies
• Horn of Bicorn
• Lacewing Flies
• Skin of Boomslang
• Polyjuice Potion
• Hair of the person you are transforming into
• The X is a very valuable, very violent species of
magical plant. X attacks anyone and anything that
comes within range of its branches. A deciduous
plant, its limbs function as arms and any damage
to them must be treated in much the same way.
The most famous X is the one planted on the
grounds of Hogwarts. The X was planted around
the year 1971 to disguise the opening of a secret
passage leading from the Hogwarts grounds to
the Y in the village of Hogsmeade. This allowed Z
to travel unnoticed to and from Y.
• Love, Time, Money, Information, are four out
of the five exception to it.
• What am I talking about???Also give me the
• Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration
• Food is the fifth exception.
4.This is found in the back cover of the
5th book .What is it & Where it is
• Fountain of Magical Brethren
• Found in the Ministry of Magic
• Gryffindor left two known relics: a goblin-
made sword, adorned with rubies, and X. The
two items share a particular bond.
• X is skilled in Legilimency and likes to sing??
• Give me X and the particular bond.
• Sorting Hat
• Whenever a "true Gryffindor" needs it, the
Sword will let itself be pulled out of the hat
• In the second book Nearly-Headless Nick
celebrates his 500th Deathday .Though it
didn’t have a big impact on the story , fans
were pretty excited after reading this part.
• This established the timeline in which Harry
Potter series takes place , as Nearly-Headless
Nick died in 1492 therefore the second book
happened in 1992,so Harry Potter took place
in the 1990’s
• Ford Anglia
• Hungarian Horntail
• Gringotts Vault
• Hogwarts express/ Platfrom 9 and ¾
• Book Covers
• It was first commissioned in 1865 as a method
for underage or infirm wizards to transport
themselves discreetly. The idea was proposed
by then-Minister for Magic Dugald McPhail,
after a number of other ideas such as
broomsticks with sidecars were vetoed.
• To enter the premises, one may step through
the window of what appears to be a red-
bricked, condemned department store called
Purge and Dowse, Ltd. This acts as a magical
gateway to the main building, much like the
barrier at King's Cross Station to Platform Nine
• Hint in next slide
• The emblem of __________ is a wand crossed
with a bone
• St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and
• “Who Am I ?” Is the last known work of
• Gilderoy Lockhart
• It was written just after he lost his memory to
a backfiring Memory Charm
• "WHY ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT YOU-
KNOW-WHO? YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING
ABOUT _____________ - THE CONSTIPATION
SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!"
The following are some of the causes
of what significant incidents in the
history of magic
• An allegation by Ragnuk the First that Godric Gryffindor stole his
• The pursuit and imprisonment of Ug the Unreliable, who was
peddling leprechaun gold
• The accidental death of Nagnok, Gringotts Wizarding Bank goblin,
at the hands of an untrained Security troll sent by the Ministry of
• Imprisonment of the notoriously violent Hodrod the Horny-
Handed, who attempted to kill three wizards
• The public ducking in the village pond by a gang of young wizards
of goblin activist Urg the Unclean
• The Ministry of Magic decree of 1631 preventing magical beings
other than wizards and witches from carrying a wand.
• A cockatrice is a magical creature resembling a
rooster with a lizard's tail. In 1792 a
cockatrice broke free, and went on a rampage
that injured the Heads of Hogwarts School of
Witchcraft and Wizardry, Beauxbatons
Academy of Magic, and the Durmstrang
Institute. What was the result of that?
• Triwizard Tournament was cancelled till 1994
• The ____________ is an extremely powerful
sleeping draught, sending the drinker into a
deathlike slumber, similar to suspended
animation. The potion seemed difficult to
concoct, since Hermione Granger, a prodigious
potioneer, who managed to concoct the
Polyjuice Potion in her second year, had some
difficulty doing it though Harry concocts it
easily with the help of “Half Blood Prince”
• X is the strongest Love Potion in the world. It is
recognizable by its mother-of-pearl sheen and by
the spiraling steam that rises from it. The smell of
the potion varies from person to person and is
dependent upon what each individual finds
appealing e.g. Hermione Granger smells fresh cut
grass, new parchment, spearmint toothpaste, and
Ron Weasley's hair. Harry Potter smelled treacle
tart, the woody scent of broomstick handle, and
"something flowery that he thought he might
have smelled at the Burrow" (which he later
realised was the smell of Ginny Weasley)
• X is a mercifully rare creature found solely in tropical
climates. It resembles a black cloak perhaps half an inch
thick (thicker if it has recently killed and digested a victim),
which glides along the ground at night.
• Patronus is the only spell known to repel X. Since it
generally attacks the sleeping, though, its victims rarely
have a chance to use any magic against it. Once its prey has
been successfully suffocated, the X digests its food there
and then in their bed. It then exits the house slightly thicker
and fatter than before, leaving no trace of itself or its victim
• Due to its venerability to Patronus X is thought to be
closely related to the Dementor.
• A native of Tibet, the _________ is believed to
be related to the troll, though no one has yet
got close enough to conduct the necessary
tests. Up to fifteen feet in height, it is covered
head to foot in purest white hair. The ______
devours anything that strays into its path,
though it fears fire, and may be repulsed by
• Although Harry & Voldemort are the only
humans to survive the Killing Curse ,there is
another creature which has survived the
killing curse in the books.
• Theoretically it can survive any amount of
killing curses .
• X is a tactic in Quidditch where a Seeker
pretends to spot the Golden Snitch far below
and races to catch it, hoping the opposing
seeker will copy. At the last second before
reaching the ground, the feinting seeker pulls
out of a dive, usually causing the opposing
seeker to crash. Classified as a Dangerous
Seeker Diversion when viewed through
Omnioculars. This move is famously used by
Bulgarian seeker Viktor Krum
• Hermione calls it the Wonky-Faint thing
• The X are an all-female Quidditch team that
plays in the British and Irish Quidditch League.
The team is based in the town of ________,
which is located in the northwest of Wales.
The team was founded in 1203, making them
the second-oldest team in the league.
• Y played for the X before having children and
becoming senior Quidditch Correspondent at
the Daily Prophet.
• Some wizarding historians claim that it may have
been invented by Merlin himself, others claim
that its first widespread use was in Madagascar in
the 11th century. Even if any of this is true, the
fact remains that it was not very popular until
1379, when Elizabeth Smudgling — the most
likely inventor in the opinion of Miranda Goshawk
— used it in a duelling contest in Dartmoor.
• It is referenced on Doctor Who, when
Shakespeare uses it to conclude a formula used
to banish the villains from earth.
• Disarming Charm, also known as the
• "It was not normal fire; Crabbe had used a curse
of which Harry had no knowledge: As they turned
a corner the flames chased them as though they
were alive, sentient, intent upon killing them.
Now the fire was mutating, forming a gigantic
pack of fiery beasts: Flaming serpents, chimaeras,
and dragons rose and fell and rose again, and the
detritus of centuries on which they were feeding
was thrown up in the air into their fanged
mouths, tossed high on clawed feet, before being
consumed by the inferno."
• Generally Dark witches and wizards will not try to
produce a __________, not having any need for one,
most Dark wizards will be devoured by maggots
coming from their wand and consuming the caster. For
this reason, Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters were
not able to cast a ___________. However, some
witches and wizards of questionable morals, such as
Umbridge are able to produce _________. Severus
Snape is the only Death Eater capable of casting the
• ___________has two types-:Corporeal & Non-
• Ginny Weasley was a noted practitioner of the hex, and
used it to good effect on two occasions. The first use
was to overpower Draco Malfoy in Dolores Umbridge's
office during her tyrannical tenure as Headmistress of
Hogwarts, allowing herself, her brother Ron, and their
companions, Neville Longbottom, and Luna Lovegood,
to escape. The second occasion was used on Zacharias
Smith, who annoyed Ginny on the Hogwarts Express by
asking her exactly what occurred at the Battle of the
Department of Mysteries.
• It turned the target's bogeys into ___________ that
flew out of their nose.
• X was a part-goblin, part-wizard who attended
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
and was sorted into ________ House.
• During the sorting X had a hatstall with the
Sorting Hat, debating between putting him in
Ravenclaw or Gryffindor.
• X was a duelling champion when he was
• ___________ was a centaur, part of the
Forbidden Forest Centaur colony, and a
Divination teacher at Hogwarts School of
Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1996 to 1998
• _________ is also a name of an Italian City
• The ___________ are a very popular band in
the wizarding world, and on the Wizarding
Wireless Network. Albus Dumbledore booked
them to perform in Hogwarts at the 1994 Yule
Ball. Despite their name, all eight known
members are male.
• Tough they are not named in the movie they
are mentioned in the book
• X was a pure-blood wizard in the employment of the Ministry of
Magic. He worked for the Ministry as an Auror, but joined the
reconstituted Order of the Phoenix in 1995 after being convinced of
the return of Lord Voldemort. Working undercover within the
Ministry, he fed the Order with information, and misdirected the
Ministry's efforts to locate Sirius Black. In 1996, he fought in the
Battle of the Department of Mysteries, and was later assigned to
guard the Muggle Prime Minister, posing as his secretary. Forced
into hiding following the fall of the Ministry to Lord Voldemort in
1997, X continued to oppose the new regime. In 1998, he fought in
the Battle of Hogwarts, and was named Acting Minister for Magic in
the aftermath. He was eventually officially confirmed in the
position, and worked hard to change the Ministry.