How many of you have more than 40 emails in your inbox?Do you overlook or miss emails from time to time?
Linkedin explained By Tallon Hawkins
How to Search Engine Optimize & set up your Account the right way
By: Tallon Hawkins
Integrated Business Technologies (IBT)
1914 West Reno, Suite A
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Did you know…?
LinkedIn is completely Intuitive
Social Media, like Technology is always changing.
It is an ongoing learning process.
1 “Hidden Costs of Information Work: A Progress Report,” IDC, Doc #217936, May 2009
• When creating a LinkedIn Account, remember to never share your password
with anyone else. Choose to set up a basic account. Premium accounts cost
• Fill out every field: your Country, business zip, Job title, company name, Your
Email Address… etc….
• Share that you’ve joined LinkedIn on all of your Social Networks: Facebook,
• Connect your LinkedIn Account to your Facebook and Twitter and any other
• After these steps, LinkedIn takes you to your profile and will ask you all the
questions you need to answer. Answer every question, complete all the tasks,
and don’t skip any so that you can complete your profile 100%.
• Be descriptive yet short, sweet, and to the point!
• Upload a picture that is only of your head and neck. It should be a Professional
Head Shot of yourself looking friendly, happy, and at your best
Search Engine Optimize your LinkedIn
Ways for your LinkedIn to be the most search friendly and viewable
– You want Google, Bing, Yahoo, and all other search engines to easily
rank your LinkedIn profile high so that more people will find and
connect with you. Search engines rank by location so don’t worry
about someone in another country viewing you or someone that will
have no benefit to you because of distance trying to connect with you.
In most cases this shouldn’t happen.
– Go to your Account Settings and make sure you make your Account all
the way public so that everyone can find you.
– Create a custom URL which you want to be your first and last name
– Provide links to your websites. Put your first and last name in every
field to make your name show higher in searches.
Apps to download
• LinkedIn: The app allows you to always stay up to date and request to
connect to anyone without having to provide LinkedIn with the email
address of the person you are requesting to connect with.
• Card Munch: Take a picture of any Business Card and send it to your
LinkedIn and it automatically adds the person to a contact list built into
Ways to add connections
- Once you connect your Facebook and Twitter profiles to your LinkedIn it
allows you to send all your friends and followers requests to connect. You
also have the option of adding your email address contacts as
- You can also send requests to people you have worked with for
Recommendations and endorsements. Go to one of your connection’s
profiles to view their skills. Click the + sign by the skills you know them to
have and you will have Endorsed that skill of theirs. Remember people
will return the favor.
You can make job posts on LinkedIn, start your own groups, and add your
company to LinkedIn as a page
My best advice is to take the time to fill everything out and explore the site. It is
When writing your summary make it about how you can help people and benefit
them. That is mostly all people care to read and will lose interest if you talk about
yourself the whole time. It should be a little about you considering it is your
Summary so write it in the third person as if someone else wrote it about you. If
not written correctly people will know you created it and you will appear hot
headed with an oversized ego. So think about it, take your time, and have others
read it and give you their opinion.