1. Introduction to Ethical HackingThe simple Definition for Ethical hacking is that:“It is an Art and science of determining the vulnerabilities of yourinformation infrastructure to better defend them”.It is performed by high skilled ethical security professionals.
2. Who are Hackers?Hackers can be divided into three groups:White Hats Good guys, ethical hackersBlack Hats Bad guys, malicious hackersGray Hats Good or bad hacker; depends on the situationEthical hackers usually fall into the white-hat category, but sometimesthey’re former gray hats who have become security professionals andwho now use their skills in an ethical manner.
3. Why ethical hacking?Why ethical hacking is because there are many advantages of ethicalhacking like To take preventive measures against hackers. To fight against terrorism. A system that helps prevent entry by hackers to create. Ethical hacking will reveal the flaws of what is being hacked (software, a website, a network, etc.) without actually causing any damage. An ethical hacker will find the flaw and report it to the owner so that it can be fixed as soon as possible.
4. Approaches of ethical hackingSo here are some approaches of ethical hacking and friendly speakingthese approaches that are mentioned here can only be understand by ahacker because these ways of hacking are way too complicated to definein a short amount of time.
5. Ethical Hackers & CareersBusinesses and government-related organizations that areserious about their network security hire ethical hackers andpenetration testers to help probe and improve their networks,applications, and other computer systems with the ultimate goal ofpreventing data theft and fraud. You may not get the sameadrenaline rush that you might with underground hacking, but youcan earn a good and honest living--and not end up facing prisontime, as some illegal "black hat" hackers do.
6. Conclusion * Always security professionals are one step behind the hackers and crackers. * Plan for the unplanned attacks. * Never underestimate the attackers or overestimate our existing posture. * To protect against an attack. * The role of ethical hacking in security is to provide customers with awareness of how they could be attacked and why they are targeted. “Security though a pain", is necessary.
7. Some Facts• Charlie Miller a security researcher found a hole in Safari that can beused to hack a Mac Book in just ten seconds.• Scott Lunsford, an IBM researcher broke into a computer network in anuclear power station in just one day.
8. Contents * Introduction to Ethical Hacking * Who are Hackers * Why Ethical Hacking?? * Approaches of Ethical Hacking * Ethical Hackers & Careers * Conclusion