Located in O Carballo, a small village belonging to Oleiros council, wich is in the metropolitan area of A Coruña.
In the beginningwas a religiousinstitute foundedby the fatherGrás in1876, meaningthat Christ willreign in thefamily forteaching.
Now our schoolO Carballo is oneof many "Hijasde Cristo Rey" inSpain, and this inparticular is nolonger an"institute", butnow it is a"concertedmulti-lingualprivate school."
Objective: Accept, recognize and proclaim Jesus Christ as the source of love and communion, King and Lord, the entire human family.
People at the school: 70 teachers 11,000 students primary education: 42% compulsory secondary: 28% baccalaureate: 9% nursery school: 21%
Value system that is based on our educational: Religious Love Justice Freedom Truth
Facilities: Clasrooms with PC and wifi. Laboratories.Music, drawing and technology classrooms. Sport hall. Outdoor courts.
Here you can findmuch information:Examinations.Contac with the tuors and teachers.Exams dates.Etc.
In september of 2010 the school was considered multilingual center. Many subjects here are taught in English. There are school English classes.
In september of 2010 the school was considered multilingual center.Many subjects here are taught in English. There are school English classes.
A Coruña is a city and municipality of Galicia, Norwest of Spain. It is the second- largest city in the autonomous community and seventeenth overall in the country. The city is the provincial capital of the province of the same name, having also served as political capital of the Kingdom of Galicia from the XVIth to the XIXth centuries, and as a regional administrative centre between 1833 and 1982, before being replaced by Santiago de Compostela.
A Coruña is a busy port located on a promontory in the entrance of an estuary in a large gulf (the Portus Magnus Artabrorum of the classical geographers) on the Atlantic Ocean. It provides a distribution point for agricultural goods from the region. Although much of the heavy industry is based on the shipyards and metalworks of the neighbouring city of Ferrol, there is an oil refinery in A Coruña itself.
The Tower of Hercules is an ancient Roman lighthouse on a peninsula about 2.4 kilometers (1.5 mi) from the centre of A Coruña Until the 20th century, the tower was known as the "Farum Brigantium". The structure is 55 metres (180 ft) tall and overlooks the North Atlantic coast of Spain. The structure, almost 1900 years old and rehabilitated in 1791, is the oldest Roman lighthouse in use today. There is a sculpture garden featuring works by Pablo Serrano and Francisco Leiro The Tower of Hercules is a National Monument of Spain, and since June 27, 2009, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is the second tallest lighthouse in Spain, after the Faro de Chipiona.
Through the millennia many mythical stories of its origin have been told. According to a myth that blends Celtic and Greco-Roman elements, the hero Hercules slew the giant tyrant Geryon after three days and three nights of continuous battle. Hercules then—in a Celtic gesture— buried the head of Geryon with his weapons and ordered that a city be built on the site. The lighthouse atop a skull and crossbones representing the buried head of Hercules’ slain enemy appears in the coat-of-arms of the city of Corunna. Another legend embodied in the 11th-century compilation Lebor Gabala Erren— the "Book of Invasions"— King Breogán, the founding father of the Galician Celtic nation, constructed here a massive tower of such a grand height that his sons could see a distant green shore from its top. The glimpse of that distant green land lured them to sail north to Ireland. A colossal statue of Breogán has been erected near the Tower.