1. The Christchurch Earthquake 😭 22nd February, 2011 😭
2. ContentsWhen did it happen?The Four ZonesDamageHow many people died?Acknowledgements
3. When did it happen?The Christchurch Earthquake hitCanterbury on February 22nd, 2011It happened around lunchtime, at 12:51 pm
4. The Four ZonesThe four zones are zones that Christchurch was dividedinto after the quake hit.These zones were labeled in colours. The red, white,green, and orange zones.In the red zones are the land that are unsafe to build on,the green zones are the lucky zones that are undamaged.The orange zones need to be checked again beforebuilding on and the white zones havent yet beenchecked.
5. DamageAround 100,000 buildings were damaged, including10,000 which had to be knocked down because ofthe damage.Sadly Christchurchs beloved cathedral was one ofthese damaged buildings.Sewage and water pipes were damaged, forcingCantabrians to use chemical toilets.
6. How many people died?Overall, thousands of people wereinjured.Sadly, 185 people died in the quake.165 people were very badly, and seriouslyinjured, but lucky enough to still be alive.
7. AcknowledgmentsCover Page Photo 1Cover Page Photo 2Cover Page Photo 3 Thanks a bunch to all these websites for givingCover Page Photo 4 me my information andCover Page Photo 5 images.Cover Page Photo 6Information came from this siteGoogle Images