2. What time and where ?
• 7:45am at school – Saint Leonards Rd
• We are all travelling by bus. NO private cars.
3. Gear to bring
• We will be doing field work all day so you
– Pens, Pencils.
– Camera if you have one.
– Clothes for the beach.
– Sunscreen, hat, drink of water
– Snacks & lunch (or buy at the café)
4. Muriwai Field Trip
• We are going to Muriwai to collect data for
the 3.5 internal that is written up at the end
of this term.
• We are also collecting data and information
to use in the 3.1 exam at the end of the year.
• It is not a day off !
5. Muriwai Field Trip
Field sketching of the beach and lava flows
Measuring long shore drift
Dune height calculation and beach profile
• Wave characteristics from the headland
• How much sediment is moved by the waves.
6. Muriwai Field Trip
• We will be working in class groups for the
day as you will be working in class groups for
the 3.5 assessment too.
• Make the most of your time here to get info
about the beach – it is very useful
7. Muriwai Field Trip
• NO, YOU WILL NOT BE SWIMMING