Be the first to like this
While Element Management Systems have traditionally focused on alarm acknowledgement, maps, and IP discovery, Network Equipment Providers are now being asked to provide plug-n-play device configuration and automated service provisioning. This whitepaper addresses why it is important to take a broader view that includes configuration management and shows how Tail-f Systems’ NCS approaches these requirements.
- Introduces new challenges facing developers of EMS and NMS platforms
- Describes technical requirements for next generation platforms
- Overviews Tail-f Systems’ NCS platform in the context of these requirements
- Shows practical examples of real world scenarios and how NCS can solve them
- Demonstrates how to save development costs and turnaround new functionality faster
- Compares NCS to EMS Frameworks and IP Network Monitors
Developers, architects, product managers, and CTOs involved with EMS and NMS platforms will find this whitepaper a useful tool for planning and scoping future projects.