1. Occupational Health And Safety In Hospitality Industry Mary Ann
2. Health And Safety On a CafeWelcome to Workplace Health and Safety AustraliaInteractive Cafe - The Hazards of Hospitality.Working in a cafe, restaurant or fast food outlet. Youprobably think you have a nice safe job. Think again.How much do you really know about the hazards in yourworkplace? Hospitality can be very risky business!
3. Case Study - Hospitality Safety:• Kitchen related accidents• Housekeeping and cleaning• Appropriate flooring• Manual Handling
4. Managing health and safety• Organize your staff• Plan and set standards• Measure your performance• Learn from experience• Approach management for further information about health and safety
5. Risk Matrix• High risk- Very Likely -• Critical risk – Very Likely -• Moderate risk – Possible -• Low risk - Almost Certain-• Very low risk – uncertain -
6. The Risk And Identifying The CorrectSafety Measures :• Slip trips and falls – one of the top 3 ways of people get hurt themselves, reduce and minimize hazard risk• Working with electricity- benefits of safety switches and leads and appliances• Workplace harassment- understand the obligations and identify appropriate measures and prevention• Occupational stress- work together and identify risk and manage exposure.• Forklift safety –most dangerous pieces in the workplace , discuss and identify a correct satety rules.• Personal protective gears- identify various types of equipments and how to use it.
7. Key Elements And Safety Management I n f or ma t i on l i n k C o n t r o l lin k P ol i c y P ol i c y d e v e l op me n t O r ga n i s i n g O r ga n i s a t i on a l d e v e l op me n t P l a n n i n g and A u d i t in g i mp l e me n t i n g D e v e lop i n g Me a s u r i n g t e c h n iq u e s performance of p l a n n i n g, me a s u r i n g and r e v i e w i n g R e v ie w in g performance F e e d b a c k lo o p t o i m p r o v e performance
8. Occupational Health And Safety Training • Hospitality staff should attend training about OHS • Employers should review staff comprehensive OHS policy and procedure. • Be responsible for your own safety.
9. Think Safe Steps• S - Safe Work• A - Assess The Risk• F - Follow Instructions• E- Eliminate Hazard
10. Summary of monitoring safe workplace:• Create OHS policies and procedures• Monitor and manage OHS• Implement and monitor procedures for OHS training• Identify hazards and assess controlling risk• Generates procedure for controlling risk• Maintain OHS record• Analysis and assessment of hazard• Following instructions on hazards risk• Understanding and applying policies and rules• Aim at the promotion and maintenance of highest degree of physical, mental, and social well being of workers in all occupation.
11. Thank you Mary Ann Business consumers hazard risk signs