- A large Lionfish can grow up to fifteen inches in length, the regular Lionfish is a foot.
- A Lionfish can be black, brown, orange, white, and red.
- It has a prickly spine that shoots venom out of them.
- The predators of the Lionfish are the Frog fish, humans, and eels.
- The colorful stripes warn predators that they are very poisonous.
- The Lionfish relies on its camouflage and very fast reflexes to catch their meal.
- The Lionfish corners his or her prey and stuns or paralyzes it with it`s venomous spine.
- It mostly eats small fish, crabs, and shrimp.
- The lionfish lives in the Pacific and Indian Ocean.
- The Lionfish is very picky about where it lives.
- Most Lionfish live by coral reefs.
- The Lionfish is also called the Dragonfish , Scorpionfish , and Turkeyfish.
- There venom can sometimes even kill a human.
- Lionfish are one of the most toxic fish in the world.