Make simple presentations.
• Be concrete
Using too many
• Do not use too many images neither too many
Contrast in colors
• Use colors that contrast between them
• The audience will not damage their eyes
Use HD images
• The aim is that the pictures can be well seen to give a
sense of professionalism.
Mancini, A. (2008) White tiger. Recovered from es.fotopedia.com/items/flickr
Do not use too many animation
• The audience may not pay
attention to your
Teaching & Learning Centre, (2011, June 6)
Prezi Tutorial. Retrieved February, 26,
2014, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?
The most important slide at the end
• If you put the best picture at the beginning, the
audience will not pay attention to the rest of the
• In this slide you must show the message that you want
your audience to remember.
Keep you presentation in the
You don’t do it
you open your
Make your own intro
• Try to make a good introduction of your topic
• Catch you audience’s attention. Improves their curiosity
about the topic.
First slide should be interesting
• The objective is to catch the audience’s attention.
First slide not
Do not catch
First slide is
Before starting the presentation
Ask for silence
Unknown, 2013, Public Domain CC0, Image, Recovered from
Keep eye contact with the audience
• If you look to the audience you will maintain their
• If you don’t look at the audience you will give a bad
image about yourself (shy…) and they probably won’t
Try not to repeat yourself
• Give your audience credit for being intelligent and
They will appreciate it.
During the first seconds…
It is very important to have a nice
attitude and capture people’s attention
Never give your own opinion
• The audience has to create their own opinion about the
YOU SHOULD NEVER TELL YOUR OPINION BECAUSE IT CAN
INFLUENCE THE AUDIENCE’S
Speak the language
• You don’t have to be perfect but you do have to speak
REMEMBER: THE AUDIENCE HAS TO GET YOUR MESSAGE
Do not learn by heart
• Perform it
• Do not read
• If you learn it by heart, you probably forget some
information or you probably get confused.
• Learnt by heart = (normally) you don’t understand what
Ideas organized by numbers
• So it is easier to understand for everybody.
• You will get a better understanding of the topic.
Change the type of letter
• The important things should be highlighted
• Color and font-size to emphasize key words.
Laser (2012). Recovered
• Use your finger or a laser to point at your presentation so
that the audience can follow you better.
It’s a good way to
maintain the attention of
Try to search for copyleft
• Look for information from Creative Commons License
• There is too much information on the Internet, so we have
to select the one that is reliable.
Randell, J. Creative Common logo. Recovered from