Published on

Published in: Education, Travel, Technology
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Total views
On SlideShare
From Embeds
Number of Embeds
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide


  2. 2. All National Parks in Poland There are 23 national parks in Poland .
  4. 4. The Most Important National Parks in Poland <ul><li>Białowieski National Park </li></ul><ul><li>Tatrzanski National Park </li></ul><ul><li>Bieszczacki National Park </li></ul><ul><li>Kampinoski National Park </li></ul><ul><li>Słowinski National Park </li></ul>
  5. 5. Białowieski National Park <ul><li>It is a n ational park located in </li></ul><ul><li>the north-easter n part of Pol and. F ounded </li></ul><ul><li>on 21 st November 1947. </li></ul><ul><li>Known for the protection of the best - preserved </li></ul><ul><li>part of the Bialowieza Forest, one of the last and largest parts of primeval forest with the area of about 100 km 2 , and with the world ’s largest libertarian population of European bison . Bison is a symbol of the park , after many great effort has been put in saving this animal from the extinction. </li></ul>
  6. 6. Słowinski Park Narodowy <ul><li>It is located in the central part of the Polish </li></ul><ul><li>Coast . Founded in 1967 . The characteristic </li></ul><ul><li>elements of the park are coastal lakes, </li></ul><ul><li>marshes, meadows, bogs, forests and coastal forests, </li></ul><ul><li>and above all the most important are mobile dunes. </li></ul><ul><li>The symbol of the Park is a seagull. </li></ul>
  7. 7. This p ark was founded in 1954. It lies on the southern part of the Polish Tatr a M ountains. The Tatr a M ountains are the only area of a high altitude in Poland. This park has always had more difficult access and more difficult living conditions for humans. That's why for many centuries this area was not cultivated by man. It protected the Tatr a Mountains from larger transformations. The park area is 21,197 ha. The Park belongs to one of the largest national parks in Poland. About 70 per cent. area of ​​the park is covered by forests, and the remaining 30 percent by grass, rocks and water. The sole purpose of the Tatr a National Park is a nature preservation . Tatrzański Park Narodowy
  8. 8. Most frequently ecoutered in Tatrzański NP <ul><li>Animals : </li></ul>Chamois Brown Bear Marmot Plants: Willow  veined  Safforn spiski
  9. 9. ANIMALS AND PLANTS IN KAMPINOSKI NATIONAL PARK Elk Beaver Lynx Species of trees in the forest: -oak -birch -poplar -alder
  10. 10. Animals of Bieszczadzki National Park Deer Bison Brown bear Lynx Wild cat
  11. 11. Plants of Bieszczadzki National Park Dianthus carthusianorum Melampyrum saxosum Aconitum lasiocarpum Rchb Centaurea kotschyana Telekia speciosa
  12. 12. Masuria n Lakeland <ul><li>Masuria n Lakeland is an area in north - eastern Poland. </li></ul><ul><li>It is famous for its more than 2000 lakes. Landscape was shaped by the last glaciation about 1400 – 1500 years ago. A p art of the area is covered by deciduous forests. The largest lake in Poland is placed in the Ma surian lake di s trict and i t is called Śniardwy. Its surface is 113,8 km 2 . </li></ul>
  13. 13. Rivers <ul><li>Poland has an extensive river system and it is in the catchment basin of three seas: the Baltic Sea, Black Sea, North Sea. The longest river in Poland is the Vistula River, its lenght is 1047 km and it starts in a place Barania Mountain (in the Tatra Mountains) </li></ul>
  14. 14. Animals in Poland In Poland there are from 33 000 to 45 000 species of animals. The most typical animals for our country are forest species, including wild boars, hares, roe deers and deers. Roe-deer Deer Hare Wild boar
  15. 15. Amphibians Currently, there are 18 species of amphibians in Poland . Excluding a grass frog, all the amphibians are protected species. Salamander is the largest amphibian in Poland. Leading representatives of this group of animals are frogs, toads and newts. Grass frog Toad Newt Salamander
  16. 16. Reptiles There are 10 species of reptiles in Poland . The main representatives of this group are pond turtles, lizards and snakes. All national species of reptiles are subject to strict protection in Poland. . Pond turtle Viper Green lizard Grass snake
  17. 17. Birds In Poland, we have about 370 species of birds. The most common are 1) sparrows, 2) swallows, 3) crows, 4) larks, 5) starlings 6) woodpeckers. 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6)
  18. 18. Storks are very typical birds for the Polish landscape. When the cold comes, they fly south for the winter. There are also birds of prey like: Hawk Eagle Falcon
  19. 19. Mammals There are 87 species of mammals in Poland. European Bisons and brown bears are the largest wild mammals in the country. Wolves and foxes are the most numerous animals among predators. Pygmy shrew is the smalest mammal living in Poland. European bison Brown bear Fox Wolves Pygmy shrew