1. Quran &EmbryologyStep by step explanation of an embryo mentioned in the Quran
2. 01Allah speaks about the stagesof man’s embryonicdevelopment
3. We created man from anextract of clay. Then We madehim as a drop in a place ofsettlement, firmly fixed. Al-Quran 23:12-14
4. Then We made the drop intoan alaqah, then We made thealaqah into a mudghah... Al-Quran 23:12-14
5. 02What is themeaning of Alaqah?
6. Then We made the drop intoan alaqah, then We made thealaqah into a mudghah... Al-Quran 23:12-14
7. Then We made the drop into an alaqah, then We made the alaqah into a mudghah...In arabic word ‘alaqahhas 3 meanings: Al-Quran 23:12-14
8. 1 Leech
9. 2 Suspended thing
10. 3 Blood clot
11. 03Similarity leech and an embryo
12. We may ﬁnd similaritycomparing a leech toan embryo
13. Cut edge of amnionForebrain Coudal eminence Heart
14. Also, the embryo at this stageobtains nourishment from theblood of the mother, similar tothe leech, which feeds on theblood of others.
15. 04Similarity suspended thingand an embryo
16. The second meaning ofthe word alaqah is 2“suspended thing.”
17. We can see the suspensionof the embryo, during thealaqah stage, in the womb(uterus) of the mother.
18. SuspensionEmbryo after 15 days Inside Uterus
19. Embryo size is 0.6mm
20. Estimate comparisonTen cents coin size is 17mm
21. 05Similarity of a blood clotand an embryo
22. We can ﬁnd that the externalappearance of the embryo and itssacs during the alaqah stage issimilar to a blood clot.
23. Embryo’s Sacslarge amounts of blood
24. Diagram of the primitive cardiovascular system in an embryo during the alaqah stageImage courtesy from the book The Developing Human by Dr. Moore
25. This is due to the presence ofrelatively large amounts ofblood present in the embryoduring this stage.
26. So the three meanings of theword alaqah correspondaccurately to the descriptions ofthe embryo at the alaqah stage.
27. 06What is themeaning of Mudghah?
28. Then We made the drop intoan alaqah, then We made thealaqah into a mudghah... Al-Quran 23:12-14
29. Then We made the drop into an alaqah, then We made the alaqah into a mudghah...Arabic word mudghah means“chewed substance.” Al-Quran 23:12-14
30. Professor Keith L. Moore—Embryology professor said:“If one were to take apiece of gum and chew itin his or her mouth...
31. ...and then compare it with anembryo at the mudghah stage...
32. ...we would conclude that theembryo at the mudghah stageacquires the appearance of achewed substance.”
33. This is because of the somites atthe back of the embryo thatsomewhat resemble teethmarksin a chewed substance.
34. TeethmarkChewed bubble gum
35. SomitesPhotograph of an embryo at the mudghah stage—28 days old
36. Did you know? SomitesHamm andLeeuwenhoek werethe ﬁrst scientistsPhotograph of an embryo at the mudghah stage—28 days old
37. Did you know? Somites...to observe humansperm cells using animproved microscopein 1677.Photograph of an embryo at the mudghah stage—28 days old
38. Did you know? SomitesIt is more than 1000 years afterQuran was sent to our ProphetPhotograph of an embryo at the mudghah stage—28 days old
40. All this knowledgeare discovered byour prophetMuhammad PBUH
41. 1400years ago
42. When scientists have onlyrecently discovered this usingadvanced equipment which didnot exist at that time.
43. Nothing but Knowledge www.syukran.com
44. Design & Graphics by Shahib Amin. Learn moreFounder of Syukran.com Private Ltd More information about Syukran at http://syukran.comResources Syukran (Thank you) for reading!Prof Moore’s talk at Seventh Medical Conference inDammam—1981, Quran.com, IslamReligion.com,creativecommons.org,What you can doYou can share it, print it out, put them in your ofﬁce,schools waiting room or Mosques.You may not use it as your schools curriculum or as part of your education system. Please contactShahib at firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.