3. What you will LearnWhat is the 5 Pillar of Islam.Why it is important to understand as aMuslim.How each of 5 Pillars is connected toeach other and create relevancy.
4. 01The 5 Pillars of Islam
5. The meaning of IslamThe ﬁve pillars of Islam give you theframework that gives schedule, controlsand state of mind necessaries toprepare you into the real actions.It is the ﬁrst to understand as a Muslimto get started and practice Islam fully.
6. “ So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work rightousness. Surah Al-Kafh (18:10)
7. There are 5 Pillars of Islam which will bediscussed and breakdown as follows.
8. 1 2 3 4 5
10. 1. Witnessing (Shahadah) This statement of faith must beAs a Muslim we declared publicly.should testify and It should be a genuine beliefwitness that Allah is which includes all the above articles of faith.one and Muhammadis His Messenger ✓ Publicly
11. 1. Witnessing (Shahadah)The witnessing of the Oneness of Allah is the Allahrejection of any form of deity other than Allah.And the witnessing that Muhammad is HisMessenger is the acceptance of him beingchosen by Allah to convey His message ofIslam to all humanity.And to deliver it from the darkness ofignorance into the light of belief in, andknowledge of, the Creator.
12. 1. Witnessing (Shahadah)▸ The statement of Shahada in Arabic is:اﺷﻬﺪ ان ﻻ اﻟﻪ اﻻ اﷲ و ان ﻣﺤﻤﺪ رﺳﻮل اﷲAsh Hadu Al La ilaha illallah wa Ash Hadu AnnaMuhammadan Rasulullah
13. 1. Witnessing (Shahadah) English translation would be:اﺷﻬﺪ ان ﻻ اﻟﻪ اﻻ اﷲ و ان ﻣﺤﻤﺪ رﺳﻮل اﷲI bear witness that there is no God but Allah and I bearwitness that Muhammad is His Messenger
14. Prayer (salah)
15. 2. Prayer (salah)Praying to the Creator (Allah)on a daily basis is the best wayto cultivate in a man a soundpersonality and to actualizehis aspiration.
16. 2. Prayer (salah)Allah does not need mans prayerbecause He is free of all needs.Prayer is for our immeasurablebeneﬁt, and the blessings arebeyond imagination.
17. 2. Prayer (salah)In prayer, every muscle of It is a matchless andthe body joins the soul and unprecedented formula ofthe mind in the worship intellectual meditation andand glory of Allah. spiritual devotion, of moral elevation and physicalPrayer is an act of worship. exercise, all combined.
18. 2. Prayer (salah)Every muscle of the body joinsthe soul and the mind in theworship and glory of Allah.
19. 2. Prayer (salah)Offering of prayers is obligatory Prayers isupon every Muslim male andfemale who is sane, mature and obligatoryin the case of women free from upon everymenstruation and conﬁnementdue to child birth. Muslim
20. Part of Requirements✔ Ablution (Wudu)✔ Purity. Cloth & Place✔ Intention (Niah)✔ Facing Mecca (Qiblah)
21. 2. Prayer (salah)There are two basic types of prayers. Obligatory Prayersand Optional (Voluntary) Prayers. Obligatory Voluntary
22. 2. Prayer (salah) Obligatory VoluntaryObligatory Prayers is the Five daily prayers, the Fridaysnoon congregation prayer. Times for the Five dailyobligatory prayers describes as below:
23. Subh Zuhr Asr Maghrib Isya5:00am 12:00pm 5:00pm 7:00pm 9:00pm
24. Subh Early morning:Subh Zuhr Asr Maghrib Isya After dawn and before sunrise.5:00am 12:00pm 5:00pm 7:00pm 9:00pm
25. Zuhr Noon: Zuhr Asr Maghrib Isya After the sun begins to decline from its zenith until it is about midway on its course to set.12:00pm 5:00pm 7:00pm 9:00pm
26. Asr Mid-afternoon: Asr Maghrib Isya After the expiration of the noon prayer time until sunset.5:00pm 7:00pm 9:00pm
27. Maghrib Sunset:Maghrib Isya Immediately after sunset until the red glow in the western horizon disappears.7:00pm 9:00pm
28. Isya Evening: Isya After the expiration of the sunset prayer until dawn.9:00pm
29. 2. Prayer (salah) Obligatory VoluntaryOptional Prayer is a voluntary prayer during the day andnight and some other types of Prayer that are practiced byour Prophet Muhmmad (Pbuh).
30. 2. Prayer (salah)Obligatory Prayer should beoffered in its due time, unlessthere is a reasonable excuse.Delayed obligatory prayersmust be made up. ✓
31. Charity (Zakah)
32. 3. Charity (Zakah) The literal meaning of Zakah isObligatory charity purity and it refers to the annualgiving is an act of amount in kind which a Muslimworship and spiritual with means must distribute among the rightful beneﬁciaries.investment.
33. 3. Charity (Zakah)Zakah does not only purify theproperty of the contributor but alsopuriﬁes his heart from selﬁshnessand greed.
34. 3. Charity (Zakah)It also puriﬁes the heart of therecipient from envy and jealousy, from – Envyhatred and uneasiness and it fostersinstead good-will and warm wishes forthe contributors. – Hatred
35. 3. Charity (Zakah)Zakah has a deep humanitarian andsocial-political value, for example, itfrees society from class welfare, fromill feelings and distrust and fromcorruption. – Greedy Capitalism
36. 3. Charity (Zakah)Zakah is paid on the net balance after $paying personal expenses, familyexpenses, due credits, taxes, etc.
37. Personal expenses Due credits $ Family expenses Taxes
38. $ The recipients (Asnaf) of Zakah1 The poor, the needy2 The new Muslim converts3 The Muslim prisoners of war4 Muslims in debt5 Employees appointed to collect Zakah6 Muslims in service of research or study7 Foreigners in need of help
39. Fasting (sawm)
40. 4. Fasting (sawm)Fasting is abstaining completely fromeating, drinking, intimate sexualcontacts and smoking from the break ofdawn till sunset.
41. Eating & Drinking Smoking Intimate sexual contacts
42. 4. Fasting (sawm) Fasting teaches man a creativeIt is a matchless sense of hope, devotion, patience,Islamic institution unselﬁshness, moderation, willpower, wise saving, soundwhich teaches man budgeting, mature adaptability,the principle of healthy survival, discipline, spirit of social belonging, unity andsincere love to God. brotherhood.
43. 4. Fasting (sawm)Obligatory fasting is done once ayear for the period of the month Ramadan 1of Ramadan, the ninth month ofthe Islamic year.
44. The Pilgrimage(hajj)
45. 5. The Pilgrimage (hajj)It is a pilgrimage to Mecca, atleast once in a lifetime and it isobligatory upon every Muslimmale and female who is mentally,physically and ﬁnancially ﬁt. Ka’bah at Masjidil Haram. By Acizane from ﬂickr.com
46. It is the largest annual convention of faith on earth.
47. 5. The Pilgrimage (hajj)Peace is the dominant theme. Peacewith Allah, with ones soul, with oneanother, with all living creatures.To disturb the peace of anyone orany creature in any shape or form isstrictly prohibited. Supplicating Pilgrim at Masjid Al Haram. Mecca, Saudi Arabia. Credit to Ali Mansuri.
48. 5. The Pilgrimage (hajj)Muslims from all walks of There is no royalty, but there islife, from every corner of the loyalty of all to Allah, theglobe assemble in Mecca in Creator.response to the call of Allah. Muslims go to Mecca to glorify Allah, not to worship a man.
49. CreditDesign & Graphics by Shahib Amin.Founder of Syukran.com Private LtdResourcesIslam way of life. Wikibooks, the open-content textbooks collection.Images by wikipedia.com, qurancomplex.com.What you can doYou can print out pages and put them in your ofﬁce, schools waiting room or Mosques.You may not alter this book in any way, though, and you may not charge for it.You may not use it as your schools curriculum or as part of your education system.Please contact Shahib at email@example.com for permission.