Challenges for Transparency
Projects in Europe
Social media strategist and word of mouth marketer with experience at Nokia
(2003), Tata SAP consultancy (2004-2005). Since 2006 based in the UK. Worked at
1000heads for Nokia, Toshiba, Castrol, Sky, V&A, FEVE, 3. Since 2008 specialising in
word of mouth marketing ethics.
Activist writer for Global Voices and
Future Challenges. Activist speaker
and event organiser specialising in
ethics and transparency (Barcamp
Transparency UK, Technology for
Transparency network), women in
technology (Girl Geek Dinners), on-
line fundraising and social media
for 3rd sector (Twestival, Barcamp
We are Voice. We are Oxford based social media consultancy servicing mainly
non for proﬁt sector:
• We educate organisations on power and mechanisms of social media.
• We apply social media marketing and fundraising practices to help them achieve
their goals through personal relationships with supporters and donors.
• We help them to take the lead in discussions around their brand.
• We help organisations to discover the practical value of social media.
Vanessa Blake David Dixon Euan Semple Chris Denton Howard Lake Sylwia Presley Adrian Phillips
1. What is governmental transparency?
2. Technology for Transparency Network
3. Personal Democracy Forum Europe
5. Discussion about UK
Government in social media vs. free public data?
Who owns the public data and how do we understand it?
Privacy vs. transparency
Are we ready to be open governments? Are we ready to be open
Is open government threat to state security? Are activist safe when
using on-line tools?
Is social media platform for dialogue with local MP’s?
Do we know and understand the work of our parliaments?
Are we involved? Are we educated to be involved?
Do we have the right tools and technology?
Do we have global approach to legislation?
Do we have leading personalities of change?
Do we have enough of forums to connect?