1. Welcome to the International Playground Contractors Association<br />Membership Information Presentation<br />
2. Our Mission Statement<br />The International Playground Contractors Association IS:<br /> A worldwide partnership formed to contribute to the advancement of the playground building industry by promoting playground installation as legitimate contracting profession within the playground industry.<br />
3. Our Mission Statement (cont.)<br />The International Playground Contractors Association <br /> LENDS SUPPORT:<br /> To all playground safety programs, guidelines, and standards that promote playground safety by assisting the public in identifying the need for a professional playground installation.<br />
4. Our Mission Statement (cont.)<br />The International Playground Contractors Association SEEKS:<br /> Active participation in and contributions from its membership and corporate sponsors for the development and growth of individual members, their contracting businesses, and the playground construction profession worldwide.<br />
5. Our Mission Statement (cont.)<br />The International Playground Contractors Association OFFERS:<br /> MEMBERS A VOICE in the playground industry through leadership opportunity and networking to affect industry changes to address developing needs. MEMBERS ANSWERS to everyday installation questions and immediate access to information regarding certification, licensing and industry standards.<br />
6. NPCAI Membership: What’s in it for you?<br />The NPCAI…<br /><ul><li>Links you to playground professionals across the country to perform installations, inspections, and sales.
7. Keeps you informed of industry changes that may effect the way you do business.
8. Can be an asset to the entire playground planning and budgeting process.
9. Gives you a voice in the playground industry through leadership opportunity and networking.
10. Provides immediate access to information regarding certification, licensing, and industry standards.</li></li></ul><li>NPCAI Membership: What’s in it for you?<br />Benefits:<br /><ul><li>NPCAI embossed membership certificate suitable for framing and a NPCAI membership card for carrying.
11. A free subscription to The Playground Magazine, a National Trade Publication. Your business can be listed on their website.</li></li></ul><li>NPCAI Membership: What’s in it for you?<br />Benefits:(cont.)<br /> A monthly e-zine newsletter “THE PLAYGROUND INSIDER” updating all members on the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), American Standard for Testing Material (ASTM), ADA Access Board (ADA), International Playground Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA), National Playground Safety Institute (NPSI) and more.<br />
12. NPCAI Membership: What’s in it for you?<br /> Member listing in an annual MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY & BUYERS GUIDE, the official publication of the International Playground Contractors Association. It is read by all of our members and is the leading resource for our industry. Be in the best position to bring in sales and reach decision makers by marketing in our directory.<br />Benefits: (cont.)<br />
13. The opportunities and benefits of NPCAI Membership<br />Benefits: (cont.)<br />Aflac’s accident and cancer insurance policies is available to our members. Unlike major medical health insurance, Alfac pays you not the doctor or hospital. You control the cash benefits and spend them as you like.<br />
14. Membership Insurance Benefit<br />The Playground Equipment Installation Program, which comes with your NPCAI membership, offers a deluxe set of features including:<br /><ul><li> A non-auditable policy
15. General Liability (occurrence form)
16. Available Errors and Omissions
17. Coverage for playground inspectors
18. No minimum deductible unless there are losses
19. $3,500 minimum premium
20. Quick turnaround for certificates
21. Competitive rates</li></li></ul><li>The opportunities and benefits of NPCAI Membership<br />Benefits: (Contacts)<br /> Your company information is given out to interested individuals, in your area calling for installers, inspectors, sales representatives and associates in the playground industry.<br />
22. Requirements of NPCAI Membership<br />Qualified Contractors Program<br /> The program is designed to pre-qualify contractors to industry standards for business operations. Contractor must be a current NPSI Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) on staff. Contractor must have appropriate contractor’s license in the state(s) that they operate in. <br />
23. Requirements of NPCAI Membership<br />Qualified Contractors Program (cont.)<br /> Contractor must carry general liability insurance (minimum $1,000,000 general aggregate). Contractor must carry worker’s compensation insurance as required by law in the contractor’s state(s) of operation. Copies of credentials are required for participation. <br />
24. How to Select a Playground Contractor<br />“Choosing a Playground Contractor is as important as choosing your equipment”<br /> It is the responsibility of the designer, manufacturer, owner, and a Qualified Playground Contractor to provide a playground that a child can play on without risk.<br />
25. Playground Construction School<br />The Playground Construction School is a comprehensive program designed to introduce and develop playground installation skills for the playground construction professional.<br />
26. Playground Construction School (cont.)<br />The school offers three action packed days covering: common industry practices, understanding blueprints, materials used in equipment construction, tools of the trade, jobsite safety, site analysis and preparation, working with various surfacing materials, equipment maintenance, manufacturers and their representatives, good business practices, and in the field training.<br />
27. Canadian Membership <br />The NPCAI offers membership to our Canadian Playground Installers to assist them in the development of the Canadian playground construction industry. <br />
28. Call to action; where to go/call for more information or to join. <br /> International Playground Contractors Association<br /> Post Office Box 2364<br /> Salt Lake City, UT 84110-2364<br /> Toll Free: 1-888-908-9519<br /> 801-355-NPCA<br /> Fax: 801-355-2788<br /> www.playground-contractors.org<br /> email@example.com<br />
29. Thank You.<br />Questions? Call us at <br />1-888-908-9519<br />