• Quick Write: You best friend’s parents just
bought him/her the newest Smartphone.
They agree to let you borrow it over the
weekend. What kinds of precautions
should you take to keep it safe?
• Students will be able to demonstrate
proper COW check-in and check-out
• Students will be able to explain the
expectations for COW use and describe
the consequences for not following
• Students will return a signed
Catalyst=Content Literacy Technology
1. What must both you and your guardian sign before you can
participate in Catalyst=Content Literacy?
2. What should you do with your software URL, user name,
3. What should you do while waiting for a laptop to be
4. How do you make sure that you are using the correct set of
5. When should you notify your teacher if a laptop is broken or
6. What types of headphones can be used during
7. Which three types of websites are never allowed
during Catalyst=Content Literacy?
8. What must be kept away from the laptops at all
9. When you teacher is giving instructions, what should
you do with your laptop?
10. What two things must you do before turning in your
11. Where will you place your laptop in the COW, and
what must you do to it?
12. What should you do immediately after turning in your
STEP BY STEP
1. Work on your assignment while waiting.
2. Make sure to have the correct set of
3. Sign out laptop.
4. Return to your seat.
5. Inspect laptop.
6. Turn on computer and login.
STEP BY STEP
7. Logout and shut down laptop.
8. Return laptop to COW.
9. Place in correct slot.
11.Return to your seat.
• 1st Offense: Lose computer for the length of
time you need to write 10 sentences.
• 2nd Offense: Lose computer for the rest of the
class. Complete an alternate assignment.
• 3rd Offense: Teacher/student/parent
conference. Potential to permanently lose
access to computers.
• *Serious misbehavior, even if a first offense,
will always result in an immediate—and
sometimes permanent--loss of computer
• “I am an IDEA College Preparatory student
and I will use technology appropriately and
only for educational purposes as permitted
by my teacher.”
• Hold up your Catalyst=Content Literacy
– If you lose click link above and download
• Write a note to have your parents sign
your agreement in your planner.
• Bring your agreement back tomorrow.
• (Catalyst=Content Literacy Procedures