10 BAD REASONSUSING FACEBOOK Presented By Syed M. Zeeshan Saturday, Jan 26, 2013
WHY FACEBOOK IS BAD ?Facebook has had a significant impact onsocial networking and has changed the waypeople socialize with one another. There isenough material on Facebook to keep youengaged all day long. You might love it butyou are at a risk, at the cost of your privacy.
1. PRIVACY - FACEBOOKFacebook is consider to be the backbone of social networking. Be careful about what you post as a status update or on another persons wall. Double check your privacy settings to see what information is available. Applications and other users can take advantage of you if you are not cautious enough.
2. LOTS OF FRIENDS - FACEBOOKFriend lists are filled with people who are NOT actual friends. This is a fact for most peoples and you didn’t know what information you pass to those who are not your friends.
3. DAMAGE REAL LIFE - FACEBOOKIt damages the real life socialization - Say goodbye to real life as you travel into the new virtualworld.
4. UNKNOWN PEOPLES - FACEBOOKPeople whomyou’d rather nottalk to find andcontacts you -This can beannoying anddangerous.
5. UNWANTED INFORMATION - FACEBOOKYou would like to keep your Facebook useto a minimum but your friends areconstantly sending you requests to jointhem in social games, or sharinginformation that is really better kept asecret. There are options to hide or blockapplications or users, but new applicationsare always popping up to take their place.
6. VIRUSES - FACEBOOKIf you’re not careful,you can pick up allkinds of viruses /malware and possiblyget phished Youseriously don’t wantthis to happen toyou…
7. IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR - FACEBOOKIt’s not nearly as private as they’d like youto believe. You can be held legallyresponsible and possibly get in trouble atwork for things you say in facebook. Manyhave lost their jobs because of someirresponsible behavior on facebook.
8. FAKE PROFILES - FACEBOOKLots of fakeprofiles andpictures - Thisis annoyingand can getyou tricked.
9. BE CAREFUL MANY WRONGTHINGS CAN HAPPEN WITH YOUR PERSONAL PIC - FACEBOOK
10. HEALTH CONCERNS - FACEBOOKIn the year of 2009, Facebook was the most visited site on the Internet. People spend a lot of time interacting with others and checking on what other people are doing, and you can forget to take care of yourself. Prolonged time online can lead to various health issues like headaches, back aches, eye strain and a long list of other maladies.
Regards, Syed M. Zeeshan Creative Head Ingrope Consultingzeeshan@ingrope.com
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.