What is a campaign?
Campaign is used for multiple purposes:
• The planned promotion and publicity of an
upcoming film, product or event.
• To present an issue through recording mediums
such as film, TV ads
• Campaigns use loads of techniques when it
comes to promoting or presenting the campaign.
For example the majority of them publicize
campaigns through TV ads some use posters
with striking images to attract attention.
Why we would use a campaigns?
• Promote a product ads for mobile phone
• Publicize an event
• Most popular to raise awareness of an issue,
e.g. Global warming
• Educate people - event or a performance
about effect on drugs
The key message is the purpose of the
campaign. A campaign has to be creating
awareness or sending a message. For Example
NHS SmokeFree is a campaign that tries to
create awareness for smokers to stop.
• A campaign has to have a specific group of
people whether it was an age group or a
gender or a specific ethnic group. Campaigns
target a specific audience because its relevant
to them and because the issue or product is
How performing arts are used in
• PA are important tools used for campaigns
• Main message – how is PA going to do this
(spread the message)
• The target audience (how will you reach them
what kind of techniques are you going to use
to do this - methods) with emotion etc.
• Why is drama useful in campaigns?
• What makes dramatic performances effective?
Media and Campaigns
• Campaigns can be run in different mediums
like TV ads, magazines, posters, performances,
music, billboards, leaflets etc.
• Media is used in campaigns to make sure it
reaches the audience and to as a successful
advertisement technique to promote the
Visual Arts used in Campaigns
• Uses images to present and gives an understanding
what the campaign is about (present the issue)
• How images creates effectiveness - makes some feel
some thing like sadness or happiness. Images could be
funny, shocking or frightening.
• Methods used to create this image - do they use
Photoshop or make up and what does this do?
• Effect of colours used in image on poster.
Images are used in a promotional product to help attract
an audience and convey message of campaign.