1. PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATION Topic 13 : ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE QANZUL ALAM
2. ORGANIZATION CULTURE• the way your organization operates, its customs, attitudes, etiquette etc.• A company culture comes from all employees. When its successful, its something that you start and that your employees continue.
3. CHANGING ENVIRONMENT• today businesses are changing very fast, they have to adapt themselves to the new economy and new worldwide requirements if they want to survive and be successful!
4. HOW TO SUSTAIN CULTURE IN A CHANGING ENVIRONMENT?
5. TO ENSURE A CULTURE THAT LASTS THROUGH GROWTH AND CHANGE Define the culture and how it is different from other concepts. Develop a strategic plan for implementing that culture. Senior management must implement that culture in all they do including: hiring, compensation, rewards and incentives, creating the environment, and marketing. Make sure employees at all levels know what the culture is. Have seasoned employees train new employees and develop a system where new employees learn the culture. Constantly evaluate progress and success as you grow. Be open to change and inform employees and customers of any changes and how they will benefit.
6. ADVANTAGES OF SUSTAINING A CULTURE Improved company or brand image Competitive advantage Improved employee satisfaction, morale or retention Product, service or market innovation Becoming a business model Effective risk management Enhanced stakeholder relations
7. DISADVANTAGES OF SUSTAINING A CULTURE It takes time to make the new employees to adapt the organization’s culture The company tend to focus more on sustaining culture more than increasing productivity and profit the employees must follow the culture even if they don’t like it, this will show that the employees are not behaving as themselves