Winnette Flores St. Peter Marketing PlanPresentation Transcript
10 STEP Marketing Plan for www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com Winnette Flores February 2011 1 Life Plan, Cremation Plan, & Chapel
This 10 Step Marketing Plan is part of the mandatory requirements of Prof. Remigio Joseph De Ungria’s AGSB marketing management class.
The data included in this report are based on publicly available data such as those on internet websites, news, package declarations, public reports.
When appropriate, data are “masked” so as not to create unexpected conflicts.
The reports are posted and linked on slideshare, blogs and facebook so that there is easier sharing among students from different marketing classes.
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 2
Just one click away to the adults…
1. St. Peter PTM are majority adults.
2. Who want security on their death care service
3. Can choose Loyola, Arlington, Sanctuarium or La Funeraria Paz
4. Gap is the electronic funeral services not offered by others
5. The market size is 13B. St. Peter niche is 10% of the market size.
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 3 Steps 1 to 5
Adults pay for the services…
6. St. Peter provides e-funeral services like e-burol, e-habilin and e-libing systems
7. Affordable services with Return of Premium
8. Uses TV, websites, events, print and radio ads
9. Has branches nationwide
10. Uses supply and distribution leverage, low cost producer, and differentiation approach to win
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 4 Steps 6 to 10
Positioning to the Primary Target Market www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com Part 1: Steps 1 to 5 5
1. St. Peter’s primary target market (PTM) is adult
40-60 years old, social class B, C and D; single or married; male and female.
Workers, employees, housewives and retirees
Use once in a lifetime and demand satisfying service to gain death care security
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 6
PTM needs to prepare their interment.. www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 7 I want to secure my interment. I am happy when I prepared my burial. Reference: Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Marketing Management, 11 th Ed. Philip Kotler
2. Adults have unique needs, wants, and demands… www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 8 Needs: adults need to secure and prepare his interment , gain self-esteem and achieve self- actualization. Wants: adults choose St. Peter over other memorial chapel because of price , company credibility and awareness, accessibility and convenience. Demand: adults demand quality funeral services and convenience to their love ones.
3a. St. Peter has many formidable competitors
Direct: Arlington Memorial Chapel , La Funeraria Paz, Sanctuarium, Loyola Memorial Chapel
Indirect: Traditional memorial service like Nacional Memorial Homes and other life plan like Prudentialife
Variables: Price , location, package, services, age, convenience of use , occasion of use, promotion, position, brand
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 9
3b. Competitive Position Map
Price vs. Positioning
Services vs. Brand Matrix
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 10
St. Peter is #1 in the market: premium funeral service to adults www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 11 St. Peter La Funeraria Paz Arlington Arlington La Funeraria Paz St. Peter St. Peter POSITIONING vs. PRICE Modern Facilities Imported and Locally-Made Caskets Transferability (Inter-chapel transfer, living to living or living to dead cremation plan) High Low
St. Peter Positioning ( Supply and Distribution Leverage, Low Cost Producer and Distribution Approach ) to the Adult Market.. www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 12 Service Positioning vs. Brand Map for Interment Many competitors in cremation and traditional memorial service positioning. SERVICES BRAND MATRIX Arlington La Funeraria Paz St. Peter Sanctuarium Loyola 1. Cremation Services 2. Traditional Memorial Services (casket, chapel, Funeral coach & floral vehicle) 3. Columbarium 4. Special Services: Butterflies, Doves, Balloons Electronic Sevices (E-burol, E-libing, E-habilin)
Loyola has “followed” St. Peter positioning and price www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 13 Loyola has packages which match St. Peter price and service position
4. St. Peter positions strongly in 3 approach opportunity
St. Peter is the only funeral company:
that offers major interment services in a very reasonable price with free electronic services & timeless tribute
who want to feel secured in their interment
Loyola is trying to copy this position.
Traditional positioning has been on broad segments of the market with emphasis on funeral, cremation services and low price.
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 14
4. “Positioning”: brand identity from the maker
Laging Bukas, Kahit Saan, Kahit Kailan...
Source: St. Peter Website
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 15
4. St. Peter Positioning from the global perspective... www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 16
St. Peter gives security on the interment situations.
Customer’s testimonies are featured on St. Peter’s
website and commercial shows superior customer
care by their team.
Symbolized by warmth and sympathetic action on the
5a. Based on interview and SEC, death care (life plan, cremation & chapel) market is P13B
2009 : Market size for death care : 13B
St. Peter : 10%
Loyola : 8%
La Funeraria Paz : 7%
2010 : St. Peter leads the death care industry, reaching 30% share.
: St. Peter has 4B sales nationwide
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 17
5a. Based on interview
Interview from UNDISCLOSED Officer of St. Peter
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 18 CONFIDENTIAL
5b. Based on St. Peter data, where share is 30%, total market size is P13 Billion
1 . St. Peter sales data : Life plan, cremation and chapel sales may be P4 Billion
2. St. Peter claims market share of 30%
3. Then total death care market size is
P 4Billion/.30 = P13 Billion
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 19
5c. Consumer data indicates a size of P12.5 Million
Life Plan/Chapel Usage:
1M of 99M Filipinos avail/pay the life plan and use once using traditional memorial service which costs around 34,200
1M x 1 x 34,200 x 365 = P12.5 Million
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 20
5. Concluded that death care market is 13 Billion
Competitor data = 13B
Company data = 13B
Customer Average Data = 12.5M
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 21
Marketing Mix Strategy www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com Part 2: Steps 6 to 10 22
6a. St. Peter’s product like Loyola own superior caskets www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 23 St. Peter Loyola
6b. What makes St. Peter different as a product?
Only St. Peter has wide selection of durable and rust resistant caskets according to your needs. There is casket made from semi-precious metals like bronze and copper, hardwood and stainless steel.
Only St. Peter has affordable life plan and quality funeral service in the Philippines.
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 24 From St. Peter Website
6b. St. Peter offers convenient casket in 6 types
www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 25 From St. Peter Showroom
4. Stainless Steel
5. China Casket
6. Local Steel Casket
7a. Price - Brands are aiming for “affordable price points: P10K, 30K, <100K”, very hard for consumer to compare www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 26 SERVICES BRAND MATRIX Arlington La Funeraria Paz St. Peter Sanctuarium Loyola 1. Cremation Services 100K 85K 60K 123K 85K 2. Traditional Memorial 55K 75K 34K 98K 40K Services (chapel, casket, funeral coach & floral services) 3. Columbarium 130K 4. Special Services: Butterflies, Doves, Balloons 1,500 Singer/Choir/Mourners 5K Electronic Sevices (E-burol, E-libing, E-habilin) inclusive
7. Price Conclusion St. Peter is 70% less than Loyola and 120% lesser than Arlington www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 27 SERVICES BRAND MATRIX Arlington La Funeraria Paz St. Peter Sanctuarium Loyola 1. Cremation Services 170% 150% 100% 200% 150% 2. Traditional Memorial 160% 220% 100% 300% 120% Services (chapel, casket, funeral coach & floral services)
8a. St. Peter uses Personal Selling, Word of Mouth, Sales Promotion, Events & Experiences and Advertising 1 5 2 7 6 www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 3 4 28
8a. St. Peter has mass appeal commercials www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 29 0:29 ST . PETER LIFE PLAN MAINTAINS ITS LEADERSHIP IN THE PRE-NEED INDUSTRY! 0:31 St. Peter Life Plan & Chapels TVC Production house: Infomermedia EP: Jopay Guillermo Dir: Marla Ancheta DOP: Dix Buhay AD: Marvel Julian PD: Michel Reginald PM: Winston Familara ...
Email Marketing Customers www. winnetteflores.blogspot.com 30 Send e-mail blast to website customers Plan holders - Offer quarterly reminder for payment
Offer value added services:
- Update with e-newsletter Non-Plan holders - Offer brochures, and if necessary, appointment with sales agent - Update with e-newsletter