2. This is a way to integrate
elearning into your
reading and writing
One of your group
rotations could be a
group working on the
using one of these sites
3. We will be looking at
various sites to give you
a taste of what
opportunities there are
out there using the
internet to support
4. Visit http://rellco.wikispaces.com/
This is The Rotorua East Lakes Cluster
We will look at a couple of sites
I will give you time to look at all the
different links they have on this page
and reﬂect on their relevance/ use in
I suggest youyour this webpage. Highlight the
url and drag it into your toolbar. This creates a
shortcut and enables you to open a new page
(apple/n) or (command/n) so you can go back
and forward between sites easily
5. *International Children's
Children's books from around the world, including New Zealand and the Pacific.
1. From LHS "THE LIBRARY" click First-time Visitors.
2. Click Read Books to see the range of resources available.
3. Explore. Note: the colour symbol refers to the colour of the book's cover. Age levels are on the LHS. Genre on the right.
4. For NZ titles, click on Home > Read Books > Books by country > Text version > Oceania.
OR Use This Shortcut
5. Scroll through the Oceania titles and select one to read online.
6. *Into the Book*
Well worth a visit to see how a group of students employ powerful learning strategies - using prior knowledge, making connections,
questioning, visualizing, inferring, summarizing, evaluating, synthesizing - when reading fiction, non-fiction, or everyday text.
Into the Book offers interactive learning activities for each reading comprehension strategy.
• Click on Kids to enter the student site.
• The Teachers area offers loads of materials for teachers, including music and video clips, classroom design ideas, posters and
more. Don't forget to click on the Download section to hear and download songs covering each of the skills.
Click on a strategy, then on Student Video for an interactive teacher guide for each episode.
7. Tumble Books
Click on story books
Scroll to read Abra Cadabra and the Tooth Witch
The stories are read to you.
You have to pay a subscription. Check out Public Libraries who have links to this site
We Tell Stories
Click on fairy tales icon on the right of the screen
These are interactive stories where children can become part of the story when they add their own information
Interactives elements of a story
Children listen to the story of Cinderella and learn about elements of a story like setting, characters, sequence etc
8. Writing Fun by Jenny
Graphic Organisers that help children see the different elements when writing in various
Various Well known people read stories to the viewer
The following sites are examples of interactive sites where stories are read to children
9. These are websites to motivate children’s writing
The Hero Factory