• Introduction• Integration of systems• Organic Farming in India• Clean Greens• Alternate Energy Use• Bt Cotton• 2 Case Studies – New Delhi – Kerala• Food Safety• Specific Objectives
• Organic farming is the form of agriculture that relies ontechniques such as crop rotation, green manure, compostand biological pest control to maintain soil productivityand control pests on a farm.
• Organic agriculture is a production system that sustains thehealth of soils, ecosystems and people.• Organic agriculture combines tradition, innovation andscience to benefit the shared environment and promote fairrelationships and a good quality of life for all involved.• Organic farming also involves: careful use of water resources good animal husbandry
• The concept of polyculture should not be limited to plantsonly but extended to cover the whole farm.• An example of such integration is : rice-fish/prawn systemswhere the fish/prawn mature in the waterlogged fields andare harvested before the water drains away (making use ofavailable resources).
• A larger and more permanent example of integration couldbe : annual crops + tree crops + dairy cows + honey bees.• The animals and tree crops are benefited by the honey bees(pollination);• crop residues and tree prunings are useful as cattle feed,green leaf manure and in composts;• the dung from the cattle is useful at the bio-gas plant, afterwhich the slurry finds use in the fields as manure and in thecompost heap.
• Farming in India probably tended more or less towardsorganic methods until the 1960s. It was labor-intensive.• Green Revolution was an important Indian governmentprogram, it emphasized hybrid seeds, and chemicalfertilizers and pesticides.• But the downside of commercial farming was seen inair/ground/water pollution; indebtedness from the highcosts of chemicals, mechanization, and transport;involvement in the world economy, and therefore it lead tosensitivity to demand and supply pressures outside of India;and poor soil quality.
• With the 21st century, organic methods are becomingmore popular. For the costs may not be low. But thenneither are the profits.• European and North American buyers are looking to highstandards, in both non-organic and organic food production.
Exports of Organic Products from INDIA - 2000 PRODUCTS TONNES Tea 3000 Rice 2500 Pulses and Vegetables 1800 Cotton 1200 Wheat 1150 Spices 700 Coffee 550 Cashew nut 375 Pulses 300 Herbal Products 250 Oil Seeds 100 TOTAL 11925
Clean Greens! Food Stays Fresh Longer -- Tastes Better• Concentrated Produce Wash: Clean Greens! detoxifies produce toremove chemicals, microorganisms, waxes, air-borne dust particulates(including jet stream particles) and dirt accumulated from the soil,cultivation, distribution, and handling.• Clean Greens! preserves the natural, firm texture and revealsthe natural taste and aroma of fresh produce.• EVEN "PREWASHED" LETTUCE & SPINACH NEEDS TO BE WASHEDWITH CLEAN GREENS!The majority of these mixes are washed in a chlorine-based rinse andresidues will remain.
•Washing the products in Clean Greens! will turn the chlorineinto harmless, odorless, tasteless chloride.Clean Greens! is made from all food-gradeingredients that are biodegradable, will notpenetrate cell walls, and wash off completely. Great for - berries, lettuce, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, peaches, grapes, carrots, celery, cantaloupe -- any of your favorite fruits and vegetables.
• Food safety has become one of the most sensitive issues.•Clean Greens! has been created to address all of these issues. CleanGreens! will also make non-organically grown produce closer toorganic produce.•Organic may reduce the pesticide fears, but quality and yieldsometimes suffer and the nature of the process, (organic fertilizers,etc.) creates an atmosphere that requires an especially attentivecleaning process to reduce levels of bacteria, mold, and otherpotential illness residues.
According to published information, the Center for Disease Controland Prevention (CDC),food borne diseases cause are estimated:· 325,000 serious illnesses· 76 million cases of gastrointestinal illness· 5,000 deaths each year
An organic farm should ideally rely as less as possible ongrid electricity and fossil fuel for its energy needs. Someeasily-implemented options for any farm in terms ofalternate and / or renewable energy use are :•Animal labor •Biomagnifications• Solar Power •Biofuels•Biogas• Wind Power•Smokeless stoves/chulhas
•Cotton and other monocultured crops require an intensiveuse of pesticides as various types of pests attack these cropscausing extensive damage.• The Bt cotton variety contains a foreign gene obtainedfrom bacillus thuringiensis. This bacterial gene,introduced genetically into the cotton seeds, protects theplants from bollworm (A. lepidoptora), a major pest ofcotton.• Bt cotton requires only two sprays of chemical pesticideagainst eight sprays for normal variety.
BIO FRESH (Fruit and Vegetablecleanser)•Organic concept to rescue ourgeneration from deadly PESTICIDES.•One can wash out all chemicals andpesticides from fruits & vegetableswashingwith diluted BIO FRESH.•No harm it is organic.
Commercial Fruit and Commercial Fruit andVegetable Washer SXQ330- Vegetable Washer SXQ150-PA PA •Food materials suppliers •Ozone disinfection washer and distributing for fruit and vegetable companies •Feeding facilities for •Big restaurants students and other groups •Disinfection and •Dining halls in hospitals and deodorization public institutions •Disinfection of bacteria •Big restaurants •Removing pesticide •Deodorization of smell