33. ValueChainGenesis CustomBuiltProduct(+ rental)Commodity(+ utility)EvolutionWarPeaceWonderUnderstand basiceconomicsEvolution leads to differenteconomic states of competitionwhich occurs at both a local andmacro economic scale
34. ValueChainGenesis CustomBuiltProduct(+ rental)Commodity(+ utility)EvolutionInertiaUnderstand basiceconomicsWe all have inertia to changecreated from past success andnorms of operating
48. ValueChainGenesis CustomBuiltProduct(+ rental)Commodity(+ utility)EvolutionUse a cell basedstructureStep 17
49. Countcomponents atdifferent stagesStep 18
50. Genesis CustomBuiltProduct(+ rental)Commodity(+ utility)EvolutionIndustrialTransitionalFrequencyBuild your proﬁleStep 19Uncharted
51. Genesis CustomBuiltProduct(+ rental)Commodity(+ utility)EvolutionTransitionalFrequencyPioneers Settlers Town PlannersRealise differenttypes of peoplehave valueStep 20IndustrialUncharted
52. Genesis CustomBuiltProduct(+ rental)Commodity(+ utility)EvolutionPioneers Settlers Town PlannersRarePoorly UnderstoodDifferential & NovelHigh Future valueConstantly changingUndeﬁned MarketDeals with ...Happy with ...FailureGambling & Gut FeelExperimentationUncertaintyUses ... AgileCommon componentsMost likely to build a partiallyfunctioning 3D printer with LegoIgnoring CustomersGrowingIncreasing EducationFeature DifferentiationHigh ProﬁtabilityMaturing ProductsGrowing MarketDeals with ...Happy with ...Constant ImprovementMarket AnalysisFeedbackTrend SpottingUses ... EcosystemsMost likely to steal a half baked Lego 3Dprinter and turns it into something that lotsof people want to buyListening to CustomersCommonWell DeﬁnedEssential Cost of Doing BusinessHighVolumeStandardised & StableMature MarketDeals with ...Happy with ...Opertional EfﬁciencyMetric DrivenAnalyticsScientifc ModellingUses ... Six SigmaMost likely to be running the factorywhich builds Lego bricks and Lego kitsBuilding what is neededSteals from Steals fromUses Components From
56. Treat as one thingIncur excessivechange controlcostsSome parts will beefﬁcientSIX SIGMAStrongWeakStep2Apply single methodsOutsource entire value chainThe problemwas the client keptchanging theirmind ...We want acontract so we knowwhat is deliveredThis isnt core tousBut wedidnt knowwhat wewanted.
57. SIX SIGMAStrongWeakAGILEStrong WeakORYoYo betweenmethodsStep 3Evidence shows wework better!Evidenceshows we workbetter!Look AgileSucks!Look Six SigmaSucks!
58. IT Finance MarketingOrganise bySilosStep 4 IT is unrealiable andcostlyIT is too slowand conservativeSo we need to bereliable and efﬁcient andfast and risky?
59. IT Finance MarketingSocialMediaCreate newgroupsStep 5Were different, weneed a new groupI thought we did IT? I thought we didMarketing?
60. InertiaIgnore InertiaStep 6The future is alwaysunpredictable and random, sowhy worry?Weve been running thisbusiness for 40 years. Wehave lots of data. Nothing willchange.
61. StandardsBoardSIAM (SRO)Technical Body -Transition Support to Depts -Procurement Body -Security Body -Other Bodies as Req -Wider Engagement(e.g. CTO Council)Wider Engagement(e.g. PSTSA)Wider Engagement(e.g. GPS)Wider Engagement(e.g. CIOs and CIO CouncilWider Engagement(e.g. GovICT PMO)PEX(ER)Cabinet CommitteeCIO DB-Acting as SteeringBoard-GovICTInfrastructureProgramme BoardCIO DB ChairInfrastructure SROs x4Infrastructure PDNEDGCTOPMOGovICT InfrastructureProgramme DirectorPB2Green ICTDelivery UnitChair: JenniferRigbyCIO CouncilIT ReformOpen Tech, Data& DocumentSTANDARDSSRO: Phil Pavitt,Paul Jones, LiamMaxwellAssetManagementSRO: LiamMaxwell(CO)Open SourceSRO: JustinHolliday (HO)ProcurementSRO: BillCrothers (CO)AgileSRO: PhilipLangsdale (DWP)Social Media,APIs, ChannelShift, Online Govt& InnovationSRO: MikeBracken (CO)CapabilitySRO: AndyNelson(MoJ)-PSN(SRO)-ReferenceArchitecture-EUD(SRO)-Hosting(SRO)-Cloud&Apps(SRO)-ProgrammeSupportEscalation route Changes whichwill impact on the StrategySupportedThroughXAMHFIJEvidence of in-effective support –Corrective action requiredCorrective action takenGEBGDSGPSQMeasure Implementationthrough CIOc, Raise Issueif Rqd,Task CIOc to SortOCCTO ExecutiveChair: LiamMaxwell(Overview RefArch andStandards)YZSRO / Accountable FeedMI / Metrics / ReportingEscalation RoutingDirect Interaction / RequestBAU Request for IA/Risk DecisionInfo StrategySRO: Paul Jones(DH)LGreen ICTSRO:John Taylor(MOD)KnowledgeCouncilChair: Karen McFRisk RegimeSRO: John Taylor(MOD)SCaRAB(Prev IADG)StandardsSponsorRaisingBodiesStandardsPanelStandardsPanels}Engagement withsupporting bodies,either directly orthrough the formationof a Working Group orForum to progressdeliveryMetricAccountableEscalationRequestEXECCommitteeSteeringBoardMeasure KPIsGreen ITCouncilIT CouncilIT StrategyKnowledgeCouncilCTOCouncilStandardsCouncilOpen StandardsCouncilSpecialist StandardsPanelsOpen SourceManagementCapabilityManagementAssetManagementInnovationManagementProcurementManagementAgileManagementGeneralPurchasing TeamGeneralEngineeringTeamInfrastructureBoardProgramme BoardRisk / SecurityCouncil & SpecialismRisk DecisionNetworksCloudBYODHostingArchitectureProgrammeSupportPMWorking Groupsas requiredTame uncertainty withGovernanceStep 7
62. Choose one ...+ Innovation+ Customer+ EfﬁciencyRely on old modelsStep 8oror
63. When they meet!
64. LevelofStrategicPlayUses Open to CompeteChancersPlayersIf you ...
79. You have been duly warned.Many companies are disrupted notby unexpected market changes butentirely predictable marketchanges they could not see.
80. Leading Edge Forum 4Engage with us ...Visit our website at www.lef.csc.comYou can also find us via our social media spaces:Follow me @swardley and LEF @lefepSubscribe to our YT channel, LEFResearchFollow our Company page (CSC Leading Edge Forum)