* In an increasingly copy-cat economy, the new basis of competition is business model innovation. …
* In an increasingly copy-cat economy, the new basis of competition is business model innovation.
* Unfortunately, the work of business model innovation is too often left undone, at great cost to the organization's longer term growth opportunities and its profitability. This gap is the outcome of marketing's role increasingly being defined around demand generation and brand communications in increasingly fragmented channels, roles that have required many new marketing subspecialties.
* The CMO is ideally suited to facilitate business model strategy decisions, decisions that must be made by the leadership team as a whole.
* Deploying the CMO to facilitate business model innovation will align brand and business strategy, benefiting the success of both.