(World Folklore : Shah Jo Risalo)
Ph.D. Student (Management Science)
2. What do you know about Pakistan?
• National Anthem
• Continent: Asia (South-East)
• Neighbors: China, India, Iran & Afghanistan
3. A Brief Introduction to Pakistan
• National dress: Shalwar Kameez
• National Language: Urdu
• Lets learn some Urdu!
• “Assalam-O-Alaikum” ~ Hello
• “Kaisay Hain Aap?” ~ How are you?
• “Theek Thak, Shukriya” ~ Fine, Thank you
4. Some Fun Facts About Pakistan
• Pakistan holds four out of
fourteen highest peaks in the
world. K2 is the second highest
mountain in the world.
• Pakistan has world’s largest
• Pakistan is the land of one of the
oldest civilizations in history
(Moen Jo Daro) (Where the
folklore originates from)
5. The Capital- Islamabad
6. Pakistani Holidays and Festivals
• Independence Day (14th Aug, 1947)
9. World Folklore: Shah Jo Risalo
• Known to be originally compiled by Sufi Poet Shah Abdul Latif
• A compilation of seven stories based on seven heroines (also
known as seven queens in Sindhi culture).
• These romantic tales of Bhittai are commonly known as
Noori Jam Tamachi
Sorath - Rai Diyach
• Along with the tales of Heer Ranjha and Mirza Sahiba from
10. Reception of the Tales
• The Seven Queens are celebrated throughout Sindh
for their positive qualities: their
– Honesty, Integrity, Piety and Loyalty.
• They are also valued for their bravery and their
willingness to risk their lives in the name of love.
• They are used as metaphors for high spiritual life.