2. 1. What is Body painting ? 2. Modern Body Painting 2.1 – Body painting festivals 2.2 – Fine art body painting 2.3 – Body painting in the commercial arena 3. Earn money using body painting
3. Body painting is a form of body art. Body painting is temporary, paint onto the human skin and lasts for only several hours
4. Body painting is not always large pieces on fully bodies, but can involve smaller pieces on displayed areas of otherwise clothed bodies.
5. Body painting led to a minor alternative art movement in the 1950s and 1960s, which involved covering a model in paint and then having the model touch or roll on a canvas or other medium to transfer the paint.
6. Body painting is commonly used as a method of gaining attention in political protests, for instance those by PETA against Burberry.
7. Body painting festivals happen annually across the world, bringing together professional body painters as well as keen amateurs.
8. Body paintings can also typically be seen at football matches, at rave parties, and at certain festivals.
9. Since the early 1990s bodypainting has become more widely accepted in the United States, and more and more body artists are beginning to come onto the national community.
10. Many artists work professionally as body painters across the world.
11. Kids as young as twelve have made good money (like $500 in afternoon) doing simple painting techniques like airbrushed temporary body painting at festivals.