1. Dan O’Neill General Manager, Walton Sustainability Solutions Services Arizona
State University @WSSIatASU
John Trujillo Assistant Director of Public Works
City of Phoenix @johnatrujillo
Reimagining Cities: Resource Innovation
and Brand Platforms for the Future
2. Reimagining Cities:!
Resource Innovation and
Brand Platforms for the
3. Analyze data
4. Drive solutions – solar project
5. Solid waste employees travel more
7 million miles every year
equivalent to going to the
moon and back 14
6. The amount of trash Phoenix sends to the
landfill each year could fill Chase
7. Projected Population Growth
people in 2050
2000 2010 2020 2030 2040 2050
Phoenix’s new goal
Citywide diversion rate
9. There’s no such thing as trash. There
are only resources.
10. 1. Enhance the current solid waste programs to
encourage more sustainable practices.
2. Increase sustainability communication and
education to residents and businesses.
3. Establish a sustainability platform for businesses
partners and community leaders.
11. 1. The Power of Shared Values
2. The Power of Story
3. The Power of Co-Creation
4. The Power of 360 Media
5. The Power of Partnerships
5 Ways To Reach Beyond The Choir
12. Communication and outreach
Community events Paid media
For more information, latest news and tips, visit
Take the Pledge!
14. Partnership Development
15. ASU Aerial
The New American University
16. The New American University
- Address major challenges!
- Create impactful solutions
17. Wrigley Hall shot
18. Sustainability Solutions
Assemble teams to collaborate
with clients to deliver real,
practical, effective, affordable
sustainability solutions that
create public and private value.
Accelerate the global
transition to sustainable
20. Become a
21. vAVERSION PVUSD/Mayo/
22. vDIVERSION Grocery Food
23. vCONVERSION Ameresco Gas
Circular innovation system
25. Join the network.
Create a regional innovation hub.
Share your solution.