Help the LHS Media Center celebrate this year’s theme, “Seek the Unknown”, which
encourages teens to explore and learn about the unknown through mystery, adventure,
sci-fi, and fantasy books. The Media Center is celebrating with the addition of new books
and several activities this planned week.
Submit a READ poster for a chance to win a Wal-Mart Gift Card.
Submit a book trailer for a chance to win a QT Gift Card.
Design the 2013-2014 LHS Media Center Logo to be used on the school website,
bookmarks, posters, etc. and win a Chili’s Gift Card. The logo should incorporate the
Media Center’s focus of reach and technology.
Check out a book or magazine from the Media Center this week and receive a raffle
ticket to enter a drawing for a Starbucks Gift Card.
Guess the number of candy corn in the jar in the Media Center by Friday at 2:00 pm
and win all of the candy and a Wal-Mart Gift Card.
Follow lhs_mediacenter on Twitter, and your name will be submitted in a drawing for a
large LHS Tervis cup filled with candy.
Each morning, there will be a trivia question about our LHS Media Center. Students can
go to the Media Center and submit their answer. There will be a drawing each day
with the correct answer, and the winner will win a bag of candy.
Think you have a great idea for a READ
The best entries will be displayed in the Media Center, throughout the school, and
on the Media Center website.
You can be reading a book, magazine, newspaper or something on your Kindle,
iPad, or Nook.
Your photo file should be in .jpg format. Leave room in your picture for the
word “READ” and “@the LHS Media Center" somewhere on the picture if
All pictures must be school appropriate.
If you need help editing your picture, see Mrs. Crowe.
Email your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winning poster will receive at $20 Wal-Mart Gift Card.
Think you have a great idea
for a book trailer?
Make a commercial for your favorite young adult
book. Be creative!
• You can submit more than one video, but each video has
to be for a separate book.
• Book trailers may not be longer than four minutes in
• Cite all images, video and audio that you did not create.
• The content in the video must be school appropriate.
• If you need help editing your video, see Mrs. Crowe.
• See Mrs. Crowe or Mrs. Childs in the Media Center to
submit your video.
• The winning book trailer will receive at $20 QT Gift Card.
The Media Center needs a
• Design 2013-2014 LHS Media Center Logo to
be used on the school website, bookmarks,
• Logo should be in electronic format and no
smaller than 8” x 10”.
• The logo should incorporate the Media
Center’s focus of reading and technology.
• The winner of the logo contest will win a
Chili’s Gift Card.
Check out a book or magazine
during Teen Week 2013 and
be entered into a raffle for a
Starbucks Gift Card!!!
• Check out a book or magazine from the Media
Center this week receive a raffle ticket and be
entered into a drawing.*
• The drawing will be held at 2:00 pm on Friday.
*Only one raffle ticket issued per day.
in our annual
Candy Corn Contest!!!
How many pieces of candy corn are in the jar??
• Students can only vote once per day.
• Deadline to vote is Friday at 1:00 pm.
• The closest guess without going over will
win the candy corn and a $25 Wal-Mart gift
Follow the Media Center on
Follow @lhs_mediacenter on Twitter, and
your name will be submitted in a drawing
for a large LHS Tervis cup filled with candy.
Trivia Contests All Week!
• Each morning, there will be a trivia question
about our LHS Media Center. Students can go
to the Media Center and submit their answer.
• All of the correct answers will be submitted
into a drawing at the end of the school day.
• The winner of the drawing will win a bag of
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.