Who are we?
SuSapta’s mission is to catalyze community
development through education. Started by seven
(sapta) Science graduates of The National College,
Basavanagudi, Bangalore in 1999.
SuSapta adopts a for-profit for-community
development model to fund projects for the under
privileged and under served in the education and
Why learn and use MS-Excel?
In the corporate world there is an abundance of data and making sense of
this data is of paramount importance in decision making. A lot of time is
spent in organizing and retrieving relevant information from data with MS
Excel as the tool of choice.
Sadly, many of MS Excel’s features are unexplored and underutilized. The
understanding of these features greatly reduces time needed for data
organization, making more time available for data analysis.
Excel is applicable to any job role that requires data handling and analysis.
We have seen a varied mix of professionals using MS-Excel; from teachers
and HR executives to Financial analysts and Consultants.
What is the workshop about?
• Bridge the skill gap in applying MS Excel and enable efficient use of the tool
• Workshop will be primarily on MS Excel 2007 with a bridge to 2003 version and
introduction to 2010 version
• Workshop will be based on generic examples and selective hands on sessions
• Introduction to unexplored features
• Template building
• Examples based on the current industry usage
• Address the pain-points with respect to data
What does the workshop cover?
Basic Workshop Coverage Advanced Workshop Coverage
Navigation & Editing Formatting
• Navigation & Menu Options • Advanced custom formatting
• Inputs & Formatting • Advanced conditional formatting
• Cell & Range Referencing • File formats/types
• Basic conditional formatting
• Formula Building • Advanced & nested Formula Building techniques
• Commonly used Formulas syntax • Introduction to key powerful formulas & array formulas
• Formula Auditing / Trouble Shooting • Usage of Named Ranges
• Error wrapping & Trouble Shooting
• Basic Charting • Advanced Charting techniques
• Chart formatting and editing • Advanced formatting and editing
• Chart context setting for data types • Introduction to dynamic & motion charts
• Introduction to Pivot Table • Advanced Pivot Table features
• Remove Duplicates • GoTo & Dynamic Data Validation
• Sort, Filter and Data Validation • What-If Analysis Tools
• Text to columns • File protection & Default Settings
• Introduction to Macros & Control Tools
• Useful features of online spreadsheets
Who should attend the workshop?
• One who is genuinely interested in exploring Excel as an analytical tool
• One who wants to save time by automating certain tasks in data handling
• One who wants to impress their boss with quick and efficient turnarounds
• One who uses Excel in his day-to-day job
• For advanced workshops, one who is comfortable with basic features of
– Editing cells with basic data inputs and formats
– Sum, average, vlookup and other basic formulae
– Sorting and filtering Data
– Bar, Line, Pie and other basic charts
What are the benefits to participants?
• Excel insights, tips, tricks and workarounds using logical reasoning
• Increased speed, productivity and efficiency resulting in competitive
advantage over peers
• Networking opportunity with other participants
• Exposure to industry best practices
• Materials and Templates on MS-Excel
• Post training, user will be able to
– Handle huge data with ease
– Make complex analysis with less efforts
– Create effective dashboards and charts
– Automate work through templates and models
Who will be providing training?
• Excel Expertise level: Power User
• Average Experience: Over 6 years
• Industries: Financial Services, Consulting, Retail, BPO, KPO
• Verticals: Operations, Analytics, Investment Banking, Private
Equity, Consulting, Research, Program Management, etc.
• Our trainers collectively have trained more than 500
participants in the last year
• Training experience with Kotak Securities, Aurigene, Goldman
Sachs, HSBC, Dell, Hinduja Group and many others
Where to contact for further details?
+91 80886 94917