• Step 3: Search the database •Try different keywords and searches •Move from keyword to database subject headings •Select the best citations •Use internal citation generators• Step 4: Evaluate resources •Read and assess content
• Setp 5: Apply and use information •Synthesize information •Write up the finding and conclusion •Create bibliography• Circular process – Repeat and Revise• Use the WGSS Research Guide!! •http://csulb.libguides.com/wgss
• Develop a thesis statement• The Republican Party 2012 electoral campaign conducted an attack on women’s reproductive rights.
• Define the question • Ask why????• What were the theoretical and concrete conditions that have promoted the anti-women’s rhetoric?• Who are the individual Republicans creating the attacks?• Have the attacks helped or hindered the candidates?
• Break down your thesis statement by concept• The Republican Party’s attack on women’s reproductive rights during the 2012 election exposed the party’s regressive position on women’s issues.
• Boolean Operators • AND Republicans • OR 2012 Reproductive Rights Teenagerteenager adolescent OR Adolescent