1. IN EDUCATION Prof. (Dr.) Rahul Rishi Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
2. India’s long time standing as a developing ICT-enabled nation has now been strengthened Network Readiness survey of 133 countries by the World Economic Forum for 2009-10
3. ICT In Education Implementing of ICT equipment and tools in teaching and learning process Familiarise students with the use and workings of computers, and related social and ethical issues. ICT Enabled learning through multiple intelligence as ICT has introduced learning through simulation games; this enables active learning through all senses.
4. <ul><li>As a Subject (i.e., computer studies) </li></ul><ul><li>As a Teaching aids (i.e., computer-based learning, presentation, research) </li></ul><ul><li>As an Administrative tool (i.e., education management information systems/EMIS) </li></ul>ICT categorization
5. Sakshat The National Mission on Education through ICT (NME-ICT) http://www.sakshat.ac.in/ NIC The premier ICT organisation of Govt of India e-Government / e- Governance Solutions http://www.nic.in/ More Plans launched by government to improve the education system... free and compulsory primary education, 'Education for All' Movement (Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan), National Literacy Mission etc. Government in Action
6. Key ICT Initiatives in Education Results on the Net Academic, Entrance and Recruitment Examinations held by several Boards/Institutions/Commissions (e.g. CBSE, ICSE, State Education Boards, UPSC, SSC, ICAI, GGSIPU etc) easily over the Internet. Online Admission Counselling The counseling for admission to various professional courses such as B.E., B.Arch., B.Pharma., MBA, MCA, MBBS, BDS, B.Ed., etc. being conducted by Boards such as AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination), AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test), State Boards (UP, Haryana, Kerala) is now being done online.
7. Distance Education : One can now easily browse through the websites of various Indian universities and colleges offering online distance education courses and get latest information.
8. <ul><li>Virtual Classroom: Brihaspati </li></ul><ul><li>An endeavor is by The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur . </li></ul><ul><li>A web-based e-learning program. </li></ul><ul><li>Share course materials, having class discussions, and making assessments on the web. </li></ul><ul><li>Used to deploy e-learning content for off campus self as well as men t ored learning </li></ul><ul><li>Online NCERT Textbooks for Classes I to XII </li></ul><ul><li>Download NCERT textbooks </li></ul><ul><li>No longer wait for the availability of the latest issue in the market or buy a new one if they have mistakenly lost it. </li></ul><ul><li>The chapters can be accessed and downloaded anywhere and anytime . </li></ul>
10. Overseas Education <ul><li>Find all vital information on studying abroad and various associated aspects such as </li></ul><ul><li>General Guidelines </li></ul><ul><li>International Scholarship </li></ul><ul><li>Latest Announcements </li></ul><ul><li>Educational Loan </li></ul><ul><li>very tedious job! </li></ul><ul><li>Now breathe a sigh of relief ! Easily find answer to ones queries related to the processes, limitations and other information regarding getting educational loans. </li></ul>
11. <ul><li>ICT Softwares for educational Institute </li></ul><ul><li>Office Suite MS-Office / Open Office (Wordprocessor, Spreadsheet, Presentation Tools) </li></ul><ul><li>Internet (Searching, Collaboration Tools, Blog etc. </li></ul>
12. Now the Academic Institute Need not to spend Lacs Of Money for Softwares they could use Open Source Softwares Visit http://fosstechlab.in