2. Why should we be concerned about Global Warming?
3. Global Warming
4. GREENHOUSE GASES A greenhouse gas (sometimes abbreviated GHG) is a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. This process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect . The primary greenhouse gases in the Earths atmosphere are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone
5. • Around 115,000 years ago, the Earth was in its warmest phase on record, yet the carbon dioxide levelsThe Real Picture were among the lowest ever recorded. • Over the last 200 or so years, the carbon dioxide levels have sky-rocketed, mainly due to mankind, yet the temperature has only risen a half a degree Celsius.
6. Not Happening Right Now
7. Worlds’ GDP Vs Global Warming With increase in Global warming over 100s of years, the world GDP has only increased many folds ,thus they are not related
14. Service Sector In Economies• the last 30 years, there has been a substantial shift from the primary and secondary sectors to the tertiary sector in industrialised countries. This shift is called tertiarisation.• The tertiary sector is now the largest sector of the economy in the Western world, and is also the fastest-growing sector.
18. The Kyoto Protocol is a protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC or FCCC), aimed at fighting global warming.The UNFCCC is an international environmental treaty with the goal of achieving the "stabilization of greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere at a level that would preventdangerous anthropogenic interference with the climate system.
19. Countries like Brazil, China and India have no obligation beyond Kyoto Economymonitoring and reporting emission.The United States is the only developed country that has notratified the treaty and is one of the significant greenhouse gas emitters.
20. American Economy • GDP: $14.660 trillion (2010) • Did not Ratified to Kyoto Protocol • 1st in Nominal & 1st in PPP. • GDP growth2.8% (2010) • GDP per capita$47,132 (2010) • (17th, nominal; 6th, PPP) • GDP by sector agriculture: (1.2%), industry: (21.9%), services: (76.9%) (2009 est.)
21. • Unique Geography -TheJapan The Success Story islands of Japan are located in a volcanic zone on the Pacific Ring of Fire. • Japan has 108 active volcanoes. Destructive earthquakes, often resulting in tsunamis, occur several times each century. • According To both UN and WHO estima tes, Japan has the longest life expectancy of any country in the world. •
22. • Population wealth is widely distributed.• Major exports.• 5% Unemployment Rate• 3rd Nominal & 3rd PPP.• GDP : $5.458 trillion (2010 est.)• (2010) (nominal;3rd)• $4.309 trillion (2010 est.) (PPP; 3rd)• GDP growth3.9% (2010)
23. Antarctica – Climate change
24. Capt. Umesh Aggarwal ,CEO Saam Consultant
25. Thankyou Fatima Abbas Surabhi Agarwal Eram Khan5/6/2012 27