• Welcome to the 7th annual S upernova
– Over 400 attendees from 15 countries.
• Today at Mis s ion B ay C onference C enter
• Opening G ala & S howcas e: 6:30pm-10pm
– Shuttle bus running from here every 30 minutes
• Tues day and Wednes day: Wharton Wes t
101 Howard Street, 5th Floor
Online R es ources
• Detailed in attendee handout
• C onvers ation Hub:
– Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/supernova2008
– IR C chat: irc://irc.freenode.net/supernova2008
– Pocket G uide: http://ventana.cerado.com/supernova
• S mile, you’re on s treaming video!
• WiFi S S ID: CommunityCenter
– Please be conscientious!
• Us e tag " S upernova2008" on any
conference-related pos ts , photos , or videos
Why S upernova?
• An (explos ive) end, but als o a beg inning
– Impacts of increasingly pervasive networks
• Decentralization is happening
– Intelligence and control moving from centers to
– An inexorable shift, but not necessarily smooth or
• Decentralization matters
– Redefines industries, firms, processes, careers,
relationships, entertainment, and more.
• Inters ection of tech, bus ines s , s ociety, and