Session notes from broadband track – June 18, 2008
Proposed Broadband Policies
• Get rid of the FCC. It’s a political entity.
- FTC to address net neutrality?
• Map the gaps. Where infrastructure is and isn’t. And users.
• Take spectrum policy and flush it.
• Take on universal service. Revamp it and focus on broadband.
• Un-ban municipal wireless broadband.
• Benchmark US against other countries.
• Good things that are happening (e.g. VZ fiber deployment)
• Big picture of what the market is, and what kind of market (infrastructure?).